• Canard Builder (plans or kit)
    • Canard Builder & Flyer
    • Canard Flyer Only (didn't build)
    • Considering Building
    • Considering buying a flying plane
    • I don't know

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Voidhawk9 said:

Hi Tim, congratulations on the decision. Keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks very much!  Looking forward to it.

Tim W.

Selling RV-8 empanage kit.  Gearing up for Open EZ build.  The struggle is real.

On 7/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, TDubs74 said:

In the final phases of getting an Open EZ build in motion.

I have found that once the build is in motion, the challenge is to keep it in motion. Left unchecked, flat surfaces in a workshop are magnets for non-building stuff.

For Tim and anyone else, do you have any pointers to share about keeping long-term focus? Here's my list:

1. Get in the shop and do something every day, even if only for 15 minutes.
  2. To be continued...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

4 minutes ago, Voidhawk9 said:

2. Don't move house every 12 months, it takes a long time to get the workshop set up and functioning again!

I totally agree! I forgot that my current shop is now my 3rd from when I started (along with my 3rd home). Very disruptive and taxing. Every time you move you have a whole world of more "honey dos" and "must do" before you get to work on your hobbies.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

28 minutes ago, Voidhawk9 said:

2. Don't move house every 12 months, it takes a long time to get the workshop set up and functioning again!

I am actually thinking about starting it in the hanger it will be completed in to avoid possible moves.  I know that if you are home you are more likely to work on it, but tons of space and less distraction may be more my preference.  Plus No good workspace at home, so you have to play your hand.

21 minutes ago, Jon Matcho said:

I totally agree! I forgot that my current shop is now my 3rd from when I started (along with my 3rd home). Very disruptive and taxing. Every time you move you have a whole world of more "honey dos" and "must do" before you get to work on your hobbies.

Divorce........Check.

Dogs............None

Children.......None

Home upkeep...Assigned

Checklist complete.  Cleared for Takeoff 

Edited by TDubs74

Tim W.

Selling RV-8 empanage kit.  Gearing up for Open EZ build.  The struggle is real.

• 4 months later...

Hello Canard -Friends ! 

My name is Stephan . I am 62 years old . I am in Germany and I fly since about 30 years from a wonderful airfield between the Rhine and Mosel -River , EDRK , Koblenz - Winningen .

Please excuse my school english , its long time ago 😬 . Since a few month I am very interested in Burt Rutan`s Canard Planes , specialy the LONG EZ ( and the Vary Eze )

I like , after the Covid time , to buy a Long EZ and fly here in Germany . That`s the reason , that I sign up  here in your special forum .

In the next days I will post some informations about me , and maybe some pics about my previous flying history , if it`s aloud here . We have a lot of time because Corona .

For the moment best regards from Germany , and stay healthy !

Stephan Kohl

KOHL Bi.jpg

MYTHOS No 13.jpg

MYTHOS Test.jpg

EDRK 24.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Kent !

Thanks for your mail . Yes , Spangdahlem is not so far .If you fly next time to EDRK , maybe after Corona , you can phone me one hour earlier . Than we can meet us on the airfield ,

and I can show you my aluminium aircraft , and we could  fly a round  ???

The biplane isnt a Bücker . It is a plan for selfbuilders from Mr. Michael Platzer , named  KIEBITZ . It is very popular in Germany . I have build three of this . The last you see on the pic .

Do you have your Long EZ here in Germany ??? How long already you stay in Spangdahlem ? with your family ?

For the moment best regards from the Mosel ,    Stephan .

3 hours ago, observer58 said:

Hello Kent !

Thanks for your mail . Yes , Spangdahlem is not so far .If you fly next time to EDRK , maybe after Corona , you can phone me one hour earlier . Than we can meet us on the airfield ,

The biplane isnt a Bücker . It is a plan for selfbuilders from Mr. Michael Platzer , named  KIEBITZ . It is very popular in Germany . I have build three of this . The last you see on the pic .

Do you have your Long EZ here in Germany ??? How long already you stay in Spangdahlem ? with your family ?

Ha!  I was flying a Phantom in those days but I've upgraded to a Cozy IV in North Carolina.  I really enjoyed my couple of years in the Eifel and going to the winefests.  It's a beautiful part of Germany.  I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago about Americans buying small wineries along the Mosel.   I don't think they know how steep those vineyards are!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/germanys-moselle-region-is-ripe-with-deals-on-vineyard-estates-11607020526

The Kiebitz is a nice looking airplane  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platzer_Kiebitz

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold