Panel pictures wanted

aviator_edb

Mine is not fancy, but then that is because of my distrust of any computer ...:) but it all works, basic VFR you know :)

Not shown on this photo is the installation of the Transponder, which fits into one of the small holes on the LH side of the photo.

post-4196-141090162962_thumb.jpg

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

Chris B, I don't see (notice) your padlock handle ... or what does the Aussie law actually require? (see padlock on LongEze type in previous posts on this topic)

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

• 8 months later...

Nice, what's the blue tube, a breathalyzer?

engine shut off. your copilot pulls on it and it drains the tank into the cockpit and the engine shuts off. this is where keep it simple/stupid becomes stupid simple. As you can tell I just don't like a clear plastic tube holding fuel in the cockpit. yes it works but how safe is it in a crash. I had a friend who survived the crash but not the fire.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Whoaaa Lynn...

Hold on there. That was pretty harsh.

Weird place for a fuel sight tube, granted.

But lets live and let live. ...Maybe that how the plans read down in Duxburry. =)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Lynn is not being harsh, he is being brutally honest. His call for a redesign and a re-do are warranted. If one is going to use a sight tube like this, then it needs to be encapsulated inside soemthing more substantial -- like inside a wire cage, metal tube, or an acrylic tube that is held firmly to the instrument panel. It also needs to ditch what looks to be plastic fittings.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

Steady boys, there are Velocity's flying with something very similar, though admittedly not on the panel. I don't like it myself, but I haven't heard of any Velo's going down due to this construction. The only difference is the Velocity fittings are metal, but the stock tube is just hose.

Posted Image

A factory installation

Brett

---

Brett Ferrell

Velocity XL/FG

Cincinnati, OH

http://www.velocityxl.com

I guess sight gauges and electric fuel gauges are for the belt and suspender types :)

Here is a CAD drawing of the new panel for my E-racer.

All I need now is some cash so I can get it cut with a waterjet. :sad:

The airfoil shapes are hotwire templates for the leading edge of the NACA scoop.

The space on the right is for a Samsung Q1 running moving map software(yet to be chosen)

post-115-141090167043_thumb.jpg

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

JFK

The space on the right is for a Samsung Q1 running moving map software(yet to be chosen)

I believe this was the result of the project that was code-named 'Origami' at Microsoft.

I don't think you will be happy with the brightness of the screen. You may be able to run a Planar monitor off of it and get a nice, bright display out of that.

As far as M/M Software ..... I've been real happy with AnywhereMap. The newest version includes the ability to pull up airport diagrams. You can actually see what taxiway you are on as well as your progress.:thumbsup:

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Originally Posted by TMann

I don't think you will be happy with the brightness of the screen

Well, I have to use what I have, no Blue Mountain for me yet. :(

For software I am leaning in this direction http://www.aviationsafety.com/index.php?/flight-cheetah-fl190-149500.html

The reviews are generally positive. As far as sunlight readability, the canopy frame almost completely shields that area of the panel and I have the Ultra, which has the brighter screen.

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

JFK

Well, I have to use what I have, no Blue Mountain for me yet. :(

For software I am leaning in this direction http://www.aviationsafety.com/index.php?/flight-cheetah-fl190-149500.html

The reviews are generally positive. As far as sunlight readability, the canopy frame almost completely shields that area of the panel and I have the Ultra, which has the brighter screen.

Hey .... nothing saying you can't do this in stages. Get it running then upgrade the monitor in time. You can still run it off of the VGA port of the Q1.

If you're going to Sun n'Fun, AnywhereMap folks will be there. Those places are great venues for comparison purposes.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done