ibis

johno

Hi WR,

no I haven't, but I my very rough estimate goes like this:

33% engine (based on VW-derivative; Jab-2200 is more expensive)

33% avionics & other instruments

33% aircraft fuselage, wings, undercarriage, fueltank

A friend of mine is building one and he thinks he can do it for appr. € 15K

He's a very good at scrounging stuff and he's also going for a very basic VFR panel layout. For a ship with night-VFR instrumentation, it'll be closer to € 20K.

Anything beyond night-VFR will take you nearer to €25k, so there you have it: the range should be between €15K and €25K, depending on mission profile and scrounging abilities :)

take care,

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

I recently requested info on the Ibis. I was told by the designer that sales of the plans to the US is under review for suspension. Seems a hombuilder (his words) is modifying his plans and he (the designer) doesnt like it, so he is refusing to send me any information or plans until the EAA says somthing about being able to " prevent mods to plans by homebuilders." I think since the EAA can't do that, I am going to have to find another canard type to make.

Ssgt Williams

For a ship with night-VFR instrumentation, it'll be closer to € 20K.

Anything beyond night-VFR will take you nearer to €25k

I am just curious since I am not planning to build IBIS.

How it is possible to equip IBIS for night-VFR with €25k?

I am interested because what I have learned from CAA here, is that

night-VFR requires certified aircraft engine and certified propeller (propably a Lycoming IO-360 + MT Propeller, with EASA form 1).

(I am building Cozy MKIV).

I don't see how it would be possible to fit certified engine + certified propeller + propably certified instruments and the airframe to €25k in case of IBIS. Therefore my question is that are the rules for night-VFR less strict in Germany than in Finland? Usually rules that apply in Germany are adapted later in Finland, and if it is so that it is possible to get a plane good for night-VFR without certified engine and propeller, it could mean possibilities of significant cost savings.

Best Regards,

Karoliina Salminen

So they'll sell arms to the Iraqis but won't sell you plans? Try writing that you're name is Mohammad and you only want to learn how to steer, not to land.

Everyone, a reminder -- please refrain from political postings.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Try writing that you're name is Mohammad and you only want to learn how to steer, not to land.

Criticising France isn't political, it's natural if you're anything other than French.

I work with a fellow named Mohamed -- it's a fairly common name outside of certain circles and is not a tell-sign of an evil-doer as you aparently believe. On behalf of Mohamed, I must say that your post is offensive and ignorant (more ignorant than offensive). Since I am ultimately responsible for the content on this site, consider this a warning: If you offer up another political/racial rambling, I will have no choice but to ban your account for 30 days.

This is not a new policy -- other users who joined the forum and immediately posted their political beliefs were immediately banned, without warning. These users had no prior value to the forum, so the decision was easy.

If you have something valuable to contribute with regard to canards, please do. If you want to chat about your non-canard political and racial ramblings, the other forum you frequent is much more accepting of this nonsense.

Please keep to topics relating to the building and flying of canards, or anything remotely connected -- just NOT politics or religion.

It doesn't appear that I can delete or edit comments on your forum.

You can, but only for 60 minutes after you post your message. After that, you are "published" -- like e-mail, but better.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the IBIS is cruising with appr. 10° up-elevons, I'd like to know how she stalls in that configuration.

JC pointed out to me, that the flaperon cruise setting is 5° up, not 10° up, so I thought this correction is in order. Also note, that in the original quote I referred to an 'elevon', this of course should have been 'flaperon'.

I'm sorry for any mix-up this might have caused...