Thoughts on Forum Home Page

Okay everyone, here's your chance to give feedback on the structure of the forum, particularly the home page. I took best guess at identifying the main categories, and now that they're here, is there anything that can be adjusted? Here are some of my own "thoughts" (complaints), but don't let these keep you from putting yours in:

1) The home page may be too tall

2) There might be too many sections -- can we group some of the 2nd level sections? Or no?

3) I'm not sure I like the 3rd level Cozy chapters showing up on the Home page -- is this a bit much?

4) I want to add a 'Progress Reports' section under the Building category for builders to publish their progress.

5) I want to rename the 'First Flights' section to 'Flight Reports' for flyers to post about any flight.

Thoughts? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Okay y'all, I made a few minor changes:

1) The home page may be too tall

2) There might be too many sections -- can we group some of the 2nd level sections? Or no?

3) I'm not sure I like the 3rd level Cozy chapters showing up on the Home page -- is this a bit much?

4) I want to add a 'Progress Reports' section under the Building category for builders to publish their progress.

5) I want to rename the 'First Flights' section to 'Flight Reports' for flyers to post about any flight.

I only made items #1 and #2 worse (read on)..., left #3 as-is, added a 'Progress Reports' (#4) section to the Building category, and finally, I renamed 'First Flights' to 'Flight Reports & Sightings' (#5).

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the other items...

I think it looks fine. The only thing that I do when I log on is look for new posts. So, it would be cool if the new posts would "rise to the top" you know, sorted by date last accessed. This would also show which threads were being used the most. I don't know if the software can do that though.

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

The only thing that I do when I log on is look for new posts. So, it would be cool if the new posts would "rise to the top" you know, sorted by date last accessed. This would also show which threads were being used the most. I don't know if the software can do that though.

I know what you're talking about, but unfortunately do not yet have a solution. I can tell you that I am working on it, and have put in the feature request (as have many others) into the forum software developers @ Jelsoft.

In the meantime, I use this link to get all posts made within the last 24 hours: http://www.canardzone.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily

I really like the "new posts" feature, I just select that every time I enter, and then browse through any threads that interest me. That way I don't miss anything, even when away from the confuser for a week or so.

I only look through the home page if looking for something from the archive or wondering where to put a new post/question.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane