forum info management

We have John Slade to thank for that. I just tweaked a couple pixels.

I may have designed it, but to be honest I miss the Cozy picture.

As for everything else, I have to say I'm starting to like the new look & feel.

One thing I've noticed is that I'm missing posts. "Get new" doesnt seem to work the same..... ah - I take that back. I see you've fixed it. Thanks for the work you're doing, Jon. Don't break anything just before you leave for Sun & Fun. :o

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I may have designed it, but to be honest I miss the Cozy picture.

Yah, the page is almost too 2D right now. I'll look to get a canard image on the right side of the header. However, I personally like marbleturtle's avatar image better. Maybe we can talk marbleturtle into contributing that to the forum?

One thing I've noticed is that I'm missing posts. "Get new" doesnt seem to work the same..... ah - I take that back. I see you've fixed it.

I did have to modify the "quick links" post, as vBulletin changed the way the URL parameters work. So if you have any saved links, you'll need to use those from that post. Aside from that, everything should be working as well as before and then some.

Enjoy

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon,

I don't know if this is related to the forum upgrade or it's just my computer. I've noticed that I've had to log in everytime I close IE and then reopen to the Canardzone. I've always had it set to remember me and recently it hasn't. :sad: I deleted the cookie for the canardzone and now it works. I thought I would pass it along in case anyone else had the same problem.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

I deleted the cookie for the canardzone and now it works. I thought I would pass it along in case anyone else had the same problem.

Drew, that is most appreciated. Another member reported some odd behavior related to logging in, and this might be related.

I suspect that browsing with or without the www in the URL may cause problems when it comes to cookies. In essence, the browser may consider the sites to be different, or at least get "confused".

The easiest solution is to clear the Canard Zone cookie(s). I tend to delete all my cookies every now and again, which often loses several of my site preferences (like my prefs at www.weather.com), but "so what".

Thanks again for pointing this out.

I would like to combine the Coffee House and General Canard Discussion, as well as move threads, and address the General Interest section.

I have addressed these sections as follows:

• General Canard Construction has been moved from the Main Entrance to the Building category.
  • Fly-ins, meetings and events has been moved from the General Interest to the Main Entrance category.
  • The General Interest category has been renamed to Forum Administration
  • A Feedback & Suggestions section has added to the Forum Administration category
  • Both Coffee House and General Canard Construction need many more messages filed into the new forum sections. I filed many, but many remain.
I am now officially at the point of diminishing returns for adjusting the forum hierarchy. I'm left only wondering whether an area is sufficient for "avionics" discussions. Check this post for another discussion on this topic: Changing Forum Hierarchy

:feedback::)