Rotary Mount Supplier

I haven't ordered, but I have talked to them some time ago, and they are highly recommended by Tracy Crook at RWS:

""

For engine mounts, we recommend Fred Breese at www.conversionconcepts.com We are using his mount in the RV-8.""

I'm certainly considering it for mine, so let me know what you find - it is a chunk of change though!

Maybe a multi-purchase discount?

/dan

/dan

I have one. As a matter of fact the link for a customers project on the conversion concepts website for the Velocity is a link to my website. I have had mine about a year. It seems to be very well done. However, since I shamefully have not yet learned to weld and I am no engineer, I could be wrong. Paul Lamar, a very well informed, but very opinionated rotary guru seems to enjoy slamming the mount....and Conversion Concepts owner, Fred Breeze. However, my dealing with Fred shows me he is a upstanding and concerned individual.

I know this is not proof of the integretiy of the design, but Fred packs it so well for delivery, you almost hate to uncrate it. Also, Freds personal integrity seems superb. He was courtious with the order, kept me informed and prompt in delivery.

I was thrilled to find a ready made mount as it was one of the parts I was concerned about finding and since I have not learned to weld yet, homemade was not gonna happen for me. As Tracy has stated, the engine mount may be one of the biggest stumbling block for some to chose a rotary/auto conversion. Fred based his design on the Franklin mount produced and offered by Velocity.

If you wish to know more, feel free to ask. But be warned, I may actually answer. <g>

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

I built my mount before Fred's mount became available. He double checked his cg numbers with mine, so I did have some contact with him. Seems like an excellent guy. Bulent bought one, but I haven't seen it yet.

Bottom line is that Fred's mount is the mount of choice, since its the only one available. ;) It's fairly expensive, but I hear excellent things about it, except from PL, and I've learned to ignore his rants.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

• 3 weeks later...

There are plenty of pictures in my web site, Mike. That's about as much as I can help you. I know it's chrome-molly (am I spelling that right?) but I don't know the wall thickness etc. It was designed and assembled by a local guy who knows this stuff, and I accepted his expertise.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net