What are our day jobs?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that I had replied to this thread a few years ago when I was at Cornell University, but I guess I am in error.

I am an NC programmer and mechanical engineer at Scaled Composites. As to if we are hiring or not, I believe we are, at least we were. Right now, looking into the somewhat near future, I think we may need a lot more people. What skills and positions are in need of being filled at this time, I have no clue. I just know that we'll need a lot of people.

-- Len

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

I am a FAE (Field Applications Engineer) for a UK-based semiconductor company. My work has me travel around Western North America visiting customers and working toward getting our devices designed into their devices.

Betcha some of you have my company's devices in your avionics.

If you know of any SoCal based FAE, Applications Engineering Manager, or Regional Manager positions at a semiconductor company, I would welcome an e-mail.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Man. I've been reading some of these jobs yall have and most are pretty interesting. Don't know that I can compete. I'm just and A&P. Work at Raytheon Aircraft Services ICT. I work on Bonanzas and Barons (My Faves), King Airs C90/C90GT, 200, 350, Beechjets, Hawkers, Premiers, and 1900's. I just wish I could smoke in the hangar :D Currently serve in the Kansas Army National Guard, and am going to BlackHawk avionics tech school soon. Hope to start flying sometime within the next 100 years or so.....

Semper Fi, my bretheren, Semper Fi

I'm a Software Engineer in California. Mostly realtime embedded stuff... does that make me a geek, a nerd, or a dweeb... not sure.

I'm also building a Velocity in my garage. 400 hours in, who knows how many to go!!

Jack

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a software guy (microsoft .NET) by day.

I've been following Al Wick's glass cockpit adventures and find that real interesting. While I plan on installing a BM EFIS, I will still be getting a PLC and write my own software to enhance my other systems. I've been thinking about writing some recording/tracking software to help analyze flight data in my testing phase in order to determine things like my V numbers.

But wait! ...... there's more ........ Once you get started down that road, the sky is pretty much the limit. Whatever data you can gather you can analyze and report or act upon.

Hmmmm ..........

Auto retract of the gear?

Auto safety lock of the canopy?

Who knows. :D

Oh ....... before we go there ........ I did say 'enhancements', not primary sytems.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I’ve had many jobs/careers, they are:

My Age. My job.

7-17 - Week-end working with my farther. (Building, walling, painting)

15-16 - Building site (While waiting for apprenticeship and college)

16-21 - Apprentice Diesel Mechanic /College

21-22 - BP Oil Tankers Marine Engineer

22-23 - Welder and Machining

23-25 - Forklift Engineer

25-27 - Construction Plant Mechanic

27-31 - South Africa - Heavy Transport Workshop Foreman

31-33 - Self employed (South Africa) Farm machinery repairs etc.

33-35 - Transport Manager for a Abattoir (Bacon Factory) South Africa

35-38 - National Transport Engineer (National Food Manufacturer South Africa)

--- Gained my Pilots licence in Johannesburg (South Africa) ---

38-40 - Self Employed (South Africa) Marketing Cold Storage systems etc.

40-42 - Self Employed UK Marketing Cold Storage systems etc.

42-43 - Retraining in I.T. Software engineering/Data Analysis

-------- Married again and started my second family

43-47 - IT trainer/Lecturer Ministry of Defense contracts

47-50 - College Lecturer in I.T.

50-60 - IT Contactor. (Software Developer/Data analyst) in the Defense and Banking sectors

What's next! ... "The skies the limit"

MikeD (U.K.)

Tell me and I forget.

Show me and I remember.

Involve me and I understand.

Day jobs....

Well actually I have more of a night job. Dag-nab-it, somebodies got to do it.

What can I say that Hervé Villechaize on SNL could not say better..

Alas, I confess, I AM..."the Batman".

Just building the Cozy540 bat plane....to bad I can't paint it black.

post-4661-141090158107_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

• 3 weeks later...

First and foremost, I am a father of 2 wonderful boys aged 3 and 6. Second I am husband to the most foregiving and awesome woman in the world. Third I over see the operations of six Pizza Huts in central Kansas and Oklahoma. Fourth, I am still working on, I would like to become a builder of a Cozy airplane.

Day jobs....

Well actually I have more of a night job. Dag-nab-it, somebodies got to do it.

What can I say that Hervé Villechaize on SNL could not say better..

Alas, I confess, I AM..."the Batman".

Just building the Cozy540 bat plane....to bad I can't paint it black.

Who is the catwoman in the picture?

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Catwoman...is................catwoman. Fact is, theres about 20 catwoman's at every Comicon. Fun place! Kind of like Renn Faires. Even when the Catwomen hang around...If one is married one does not NOT take names of the ''catwomen" or phone #'s. Bad form.

Somebody take the mike....

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Nope, my wife is in the background.

Shes the one wearing the glasses just over my shoulder. You can't see her costume.

.....actually my wife IS blond. But shorter hair and curvier. From the pictures I posted on the other forum, this mistake could be understood.

Mike...somebody take the mike....

Self confessed Wingnut.