Sun-N-Fun head count...

I was curious to know who on this forum plans on being at Sun-N-Fun this year... dates and flying or driving? :D

I am thinking about the first 2 days... unfortunately driving. :mad: (unless some kind soul wants to stop by in North GA... I'll be happy to shoo the cows off the runway! :D )

So who else is going?

This ain't rocket surgery!

I am thinking about going this year - very tired of being cold

If I go I will fly

If I fly I could drop by and get you

Ga seems to be inbetween Mi and Fla

lol.

However I would be wanting to stay more than just the 2 days you describe

The plane that travels thousands of miles begins with a few small steps.

I know several people(other than the ones above) from the "Cozy E-Mail" list are going, they have said as much on the e-mails.

I think they must feel like,"There is no reason to state my intentions HERE"

I am watching this "THREAD" very closly.........So I will know who to ENVY.

I can NOT go. :(

Joe :cool:

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

I am thinking about going this year - very tired of being cold

If I go I will fly

If I fly I could drop by and get you

Ga seems to be inbetween Mi and Fla

lol. However I would be wanting to stay more than just the 2 days you describe.

Well, if I can hija... er... catch a flight with someone, I'll be open on dates. :D I just want to try to avoid Spring Break traffic if driving! I do 160 miles a day on I-75 commuting to and from work. I don't want to be on it during my time off!

KDNN is the airport. Of course I can split fuel or whatever other expenses are needed. I'm thinking about forgoing a hotel and camping out to be in the middle of it all. (What are the camping facilities available and what's require for camping at SNF?) But don't worry, KDNN is now a modern airport and there's hardly any snakes sunning themselves on the runway this time of year. :D

Hey Joe... is it good Karma that KDNN preserved the Cheif Vann House intact when they added the 2000 ft jet extension, or is it bad Karma that Dalton took the land from the Cherokee's to build the airport? Don't want to plop my airplane at that airport if some ghost cheif has his feathers in a ruffle!

Originally posted by marbleturtle

Hey Joe... is it good Karma that KDNN preserved the Cheif Vann House intact when they added the 2000 ft jet extension, or is it bad Karma that Dalton took the land from the Cherokee's to build the airport? Don't want to plop my airplane at that airport if some ghost cheif has his feathers in a ruffle!

Hey MT,

Wavoka, The Paiute Messiah, would have told you the answer if you would have asked him.............

All Indians everywhere must Dance and keep on Dancing. In Spring Great Spirit comes.He will bring game of every kind. There will be plenty for all. All dead Indians will live again as Young Indians, they will play and think as young Indians, they will be Strong like Young Indians. They will speak of the Beautiful Things, They will teach Hope, and Love to The Ones that follow them.

This is what a leader said to his people while they were being slaughtered for what they believed. To teach such a Powerful outlook of hope and love to the women and children, is the best I can hope to do myself.

The airport should use the call sign K-NDN ( say it )

Peace Brother,

NDN Wanabe :cool: (My wife is a Choctaw/Cherokee Woman, with some french blood in her for extra *BAM*)

What Do YOU Want?

Good news! The original planned extension was a new second runway. I found out today that the new extension on the original runway was the 2nd plan and didn't encroach on the Chief's property. Whew... no bad Karma. The only feathers on the runway are from loose chicken's! :D

With a name like Marble Turtle............The Chief NDN is more worried about what kind of character you are than if your airplane is parked in his field.

I also, have a guess that you actually care more about your airplane than his field.

As for what karma YOU receive, that will be more determined by what it is YOU do.

yateh hewa.........wasichu

What Do YOU Want?

Joe, I'm actually in no-man's land... 1/8 Cherokee, 7/8 mutt. Cherokee Nation won't have me or my mother. My sister traced our father's family all the way back to Benjamin Franklin (I didn't even know he had kids!). But the way I look at it, who cares? I don't define who I am for what my grandparents did. I'm my own man.

I'm glad too see people here are going to SNF! Now maybe I can put some faces to the names I know... :banana:

Can anyone tell me what the camping facilities are like at SNF? I'm thinking me, my sleeping bag, and my wife's mini-van with all the seats removed (save one).

So are showers / restrooms available? Nasty or Nice? Is there a camping fee? Any info is appreciated! :D

I camped down there last year with a couple of friends and a C-172.

We camped right on the field next to the VOR station. There are bathrooms and showers available. It was a little bit of a hike from the runway but if you are patient they have shuttle tractors which will take you around the grounds.

I cant remember the price of camping but I think it was pretty reasonable. About $15 a day per aircraft.

Go to

sun-n-fun.org

The rates for all types of camping should be on the web site. You can also download a map of the area with all the locations of the facilities.

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...