Rotiseri

noodles

Hello,

I was wondering if someone knows the location or information for the Rotisere stand. Are there any plans or do I wing it.

I've tried checking the achives but can't seem to locate the correct name for the "spinny" thing.

I was looking to make one.

Thanks,

Nathan

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

Clifford made GREAT rotiseries for us, welded bed frame angles, cheep steel, with 1/2 in square tube on top with a nut welded on and drilled through to lock fuselodge in any position and screwed 1/2" pipe flange to each end of fuselodge with 1/2 inch pipe into the 1/2" square tube, all of it mounted onto 12 and 10 foot 2x4's

clifford, you got a pic you can post of your great work

enjoy the build

dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I made ours(two sets) out of scrap angle iron bed frames trash picked. I built them tri-pod style with a pipe in pipe about 6" long welded at the top. I used a pipe flange from home depot mounted to the inner pipe which I bolted to the fire wall and the instrument panel in a center line. I welded a 3/8" nut on top of both outer pipes and drilled and tapped through it. This allowed a bolt to lock down the fuselodge in any position of rotation. The welded tripods were fastened down on 2 long 2"X4"s that rested on the floor. We were able to slide the two tubs around and rotate them in any position we needed. Costs were around $10.00 for each set. Both sets were given away to other builders and are still in use. I ALWAYS have a few bed frames in stock for the steel.

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

So, Am I understanding this correctly???????????

You can loosn a few bolts, and rotate the fuselage for work on all sides???????????

I saw my first "Star-Ship" today........Wow , These Cozy's are beautiful.

http://groups.msn.com/TaosHouse/aroundthehouse.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=114

JO-Z

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the info.

Right now its sitting on saw horses right now and it's a paint to get in there.

Rick yours seems to be the most complete with little to no modification to the tub. When did you end up finally removing the rotiseri?

Cozy IV project.

I removed it after I finished the interior work in chapter 8.

BTW - while mine worked just fine, it wasn't the most stable in the world. It did it's job and I took it apart never to see life again.

Along these lines, I've seen some builder go to some extreme lengths to over design jigs and the like. If you plan on building more than one plane it probably makes sense but most of us use the jig once and take it apart. Don't waste a lot time over doing this sort of thing.

Enjoy.

Rick Maddy

Denver, CO

Cozy Mk IV #824 - Chapter 18

http://www.maddyhome.com/cozy

Rick,

You did a great job on the content for your website. When I can't seem to find specific information your site always seems to have a picture of my problem and text describing how you resolved the issue.

Keep up the good work.

Nathan,

Cozy IV project.