count down

dust

Geeez guys. Give a fella a break :D

OK, I guess I'll have to wean you gently. Here's a quick fix....

Buly and I installed the prop today. I took her out onto the ramp, heard something I didnt like, turned around and brought her back in. Good news is that the engine is MUCH smoother with the prop on. Still running rich, but a LOT smoother.

Bad news is that there's something loose behind the redrive. I think the counterweights are bolted to the flywheel, - or should I say supposed to be. These bolts must be loose. Anyway, there's way too much lag (movement) between the prop and the engine, so tonight or in the morning the redrive comes off.

Here's a picture of first taxi.

Feel better?

post-3-141090152349_thumb.jpg

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Italian tuneups???

Full throttle for 10 minutes?

Yes, it was nice to "drive" around for the first time. I also discovered a loose flywheel. :eek:

Buying more locktite in the morning.

For those still suffering from "withdrawal" I've just posted a description and pictures on my website at the end of Chapter 27.

http://kgarden.com/cozy/chap27.htm

Italian tunup. Hey! As a proud Italian-American I resemble that remark ;)

All the best,

Chris Barber

(former surname of Barboni, before my Dad, who's name it Tony changed it. Say it out loud, "Tony Barboni" and you will know why <g>)

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

HEY John, Are you there?

I think we're all waiting for the results of the next taxi test, you know, the "tightened bolts" NEW and IMPROVED taxi test! With less vibration and more bounce per ounce...:D

Do you know how to keep a Cozy builder in suspense????:confused:

YOU DO!

because WE ARE!

Posted Image

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm here for a couple of minutes.

While the redrive was off I took the opportunity to revise the turbo piping which was touching the cowl on both sides. This meant moving the intercooler which is now interfering with the throttle cable, so I needed to remake the throttle cable bracket. I did, and the remake didnt work well so I have to take another shot at it. A long day of scratched hands and scrathched heads with no visible progress. Didn't even get close to putting the redrive back. I also have to do something with the ELT mount that is interferring slightly with the canard, then I'm going to drain the oil and water and redo the w&b. Before taxi testing comes EC2 programming. Oh - and it would be nice to have my radio and turn & slip working, and the vacuum guage is jiggling too much. The annunciator is flashing on & off when the engine's running, and my no-charge light is on, even though the voltmeter shows charge..... the list goes on and on.

There's a lot of little stuff to do yet, and I'm in no big rush, so don't hold you're breath.

Originally posted by John Slade

Italian tuneups???

Full throttle for 10 minutes?

Yes, it was nice to "drive" around for the first time. I also discovered a loose flywheel. :eek:

Buying more locktite in the morning.

For those still suffering from "withdrawal" I've just posted a description and pictures on my website at the end of Chapter 27.

http://kgarden.com/cozy/chap27.htm

am i nuts ? i got #4 is the shop and i sit and read,and what a read it was. so cool to see a mazda all most fly...well its going to be mazda fever for me,plz e mail ALL data ty..lol,or just to start,the make and year and i go get it.

jon, do i just set the boxes on the bathroom scale,and do the back math on the packing later(has mat data sheet -.0001 pd

(littel fome balls -.003 pd -

Steve M. Parkins

OK.

I like to "tell the story" rather than just "relay the facts" and tend to get a bit "verbose" so I'm keeping the updates in

http://www.kgarden.com/cozy/chap27.htm rather than filling up the database here with chatter.

Wanna read about the hangar owl and the first fright? Go to the end of the chapter. :o

Yes ...and what a wonderful Sunday!

I wish I was there John!

I was instead with a step-daughter 9 months along in another project equally as unpredictable in Ft Lauderdale.

I wish I had as much technological experience in pediatrics as I do in internal combustion.

See you Monday! Maybe a Grandfather!

Kevin aka cncdoc

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

John Slade,

Am I missing something......... or is the trip through the hangar your last post on your web-site?

I Really have been missing your daily "Short Stories", of progress. I sure don't mean to be DEMANDING.

It seems like between you, Marc, and just one or two others we could put together a REAL nice "Our Daily Commentary" thread, that would Give the rest of us some GREAT DAILY READING.

Notice, How I expect y'all]/B] to do the writing?????????

It has been very KIND of you to submit so much writing, for our Critique.........BUT...........if you ever get to wondering "Do I still have it?", I think I can speak for the rest and say........Please Feel Free to Continue or re-submit some new material.

Signed

Desperate for GOOD reading. :cool:

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

Joe,

The idea of the "count down" was to give you a taste

You want the whole meal, you have to cook for yourself. :D

Besides, I wouldn't want to keep anyone from building by giving them to much to read.

Seriously, though - you DO have good timing. I just added a small paragraph about the spinner to the bottom of http://kgarden.com/cozy/chap27.htm

Oh - by the way - I didn't taxi through the hangar, just across the first 10 feet of it. :o I'm pleased to annouce, however, that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. One builder recently admitted that the DAR found all the nuts missing on his control linkages during the inspection. :eek:

The throttle cable is now fixed. As soon as I get the spinner attached (tomorrow) I plan a second, or is it third, taxi test. My (new) com radio seems to be dead, so this may delay things a bit.:(

Have you not read that?

Joe,

The idea of the "count down" was to give you a taste

You want the whole meal, you have to cook for yourself. :D

Besides, I wouldn't want to keep anyone from building by giving them to much to read.

-----------------------------------------------

How......thoughtful of you . :(

-----------------------------------------------

Oh - by the way - I didn't taxi through the hangar, just across the first 10 feet of it.

----------------------------------------------

But, You do see how much more IMPACT the statement has with "THROUGH THE HANGAR"replacing "10 feet across the Hangar":D

----------------------------------------------

The throttle cable is now fixed. As soon as I get the spinner attached (tomorrow) I plan a second, or is it third, taxi test.

---------------------------------------------

<ahem> And will these new......"TAXI TESTS".... be done OUTSIDE.:D

Thanks Brother,

Peace Joe:cool:

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

John,

If a radio had never worked in that slot, then pull it and get your DMM. Check both leads/pins for proper power and ground. I'll assume the fuse is the correct size. It shouldn't draw much power during receive anyway.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

The radio did work as installed, then suddenly it started blowing the fuse when I turn it on. I hope to find out why tomorrow. I have a nasty feeling it'll have to go back to ICOM.

Yes, Joe. All future taxi tests, and the first flight, will be done outside in the open air.

Well, that wasn't the easy answer I wanted. I guess what I'd do is take the radio out and hook it up to my bench supply, set at the proper voltage. If it blows a fuse, send it back. If it powers up, then there may be a problem in the rest of the wiring. I know it may have worked before, but sometime wires short out or break.

I just hate to see you have to send it back and wait for a replacement. Plu, if it isn't the radio, then you still have to troubleshoot it when you get the new one back.

Try this for grins. Pull the radio and just check the supply voltage before sending it out. But I guess that means another trip to the hanger.:rolleyes:

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

• 4 weeks later...