Legibility of Cozy IV plans

csccs

I am sure I will enjoy it...life long dream. I have a friend who has a couple wasted plans in the shelf... Coulda, woulda, shoulda. He found the right one eventually.

Just want to know what I am getting myself into. Seems like the place to start asking questions.

What should I expect when I recieve my plans from AC Spruce? Are blueprints included? Are there detail explainations?

Well, not blueprints exactly. Scale drawings on large paper. Over in the Cozy list they've been discussing the accuracy and it's importance. Bottom line is that the drawings are accurate and detailed enough to allow you to do an excellent job. Along with the drawings you'll receive two large books of VERY detailed step-by-step instructions. It'll take a little while to get used to the writing style and nomanclature, but you won't be disappointed with the level of detail. Everything you need, including a lot of instruction, is there.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I'd go to Kinkos and make copies of the templates (they get cut up and PASTED and WASTED afterwards) but that's just me. The rest of it is pure inspiration, perspiration and exhalation followed by jubilation and other 'tions.....

knock yerself out....

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

Chris,

I was asking the same question a week ago.

What should I expect when I received my plans from AC Spruce? Are blueprints included? Are there detail explanations?

First I will tell you What The physical Items will be included in the BOX.(My box was 17"W X 26"L X 5.5"D)Be careful ripping it open in the excitement, as there are a lot of Styro-Peanuts.

1.)You will receive( as John said ) two HUGE BOOKS 11" X 17". Full of Instructions, and Black & White Illustrations. The books start you off with an introduction to the Cozy, a Bill of Materials, and some Necessary reading. I kept a Highlighter in my hand so I could highlight useful Hints.

2.)You will get some "Newsletters", that have changes that need to be made. There are very few changes, I just wrote the Newsletter # down and circled the part that needs changed, Added the change(Keep the newsletters)

3.)You will get some FREE Aircraft Spruce Advertisements.

4.) A few Pages of Parts Lists for purchasing: Chapter Specific Materials, and various Kits.

5.) The Folded set of 25 full size drawings, (17.5" X 22.5"). I copied these onto "Tracing Paper" for backups and templates. I found a book of tracing paper(19" X 24") at the art store. Keeping them in a separate location.

6.)You will receive a heart felt, "GOOD LUCK" from Renee, at Aircraft Spruce.

7.) An agreement that needs to be signed and returned the Wonderful Renee .

8.)And you should expect to be up all night looking the Plans Over.

9.) And you should expect to get two or three days, before Dust, and John start wanting to see some parts made.<SMILE>

Now what you don't get in the box, You can expect to get here, and on the Cozy Mailing list...........Helpful People with a lot of advise.

Like Mr. John said, everything will fall into place, as long as you keep at it. Three weeks ago I didn't know what a strake was, or a or a Longeron. Read starting at page one,

If you haven't gone over the web-sites of a few builders, I would make a suggestion of doing it.Here are two of the many:

http://www.maddyhome.com/cozy/home

http://www.kgarden.com/cozy/

I might also suggest doing your aircraft exactly like I do mine, since I AM doing it the RIGHT WAY.

Way to go, congratulations.

Sincerely Your Peaceful Happy Hippy, In Taos..........

Joe:cool:

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

Originally posted by Joe Patterson

Chris,

9.) And you should expect to get two or three days, before Dust, and John start wanting to see some parts made.<SMILE>

WELL I JUST GOT THE BOX......LIKE THEY SAID....BUILD BUILD BUILD BUILD..so i orded #4 and read in here it dont come with the epoxy stuff,and the plans got changed so i ask air spruce,What do i use(they had no glue) so i orderd west system 2 gal.,happy now i read more..STOP...it read do not use west but use mgc or something, so called um up and got that plus slow and fast hardner(saw that here).and that was last week,so a week goes by and i get a email and they got some shiping problems and some fome is back orderd, ok 7 days 150.00 in shiping 500.or so for the order and i will have it next friday,and they get more pvc in on the 22nd of next month so there u have it....still trying to get my feet wet.

Steve M. Parkins

• 2 weeks later...

Got the plans... Great Reading! My grandmother in law was at the birthday party when I opened "The Gift"... She thought I wanted to build a $30k small model plane. :rolleyes: Anyway, I got two pages of Chapter 2, Page 5. No page 4. So whoever has my page 4 and Whoever needs a page 5... wanna trade?:confused: Nothing a friendly email and some scotch tape can't fix. Oh yeah, lots of scotch tape in the plans. This stuff looks too easy!

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

• 9 months later...

I know it has been some time since your post, but thank you for the description of what to expect when I order my plans. I had been asking aircraft spruce if I could sit down with them in their offices and take a look at them before I hand over the credit card.

Chris,

I was asking the same question a week ago.

First I will tell you What The physical Items will be included in the BOX.(My box was 17"W X 26"L X 5.5"D)Be careful ripping it open in the excitement, as there are a lot of Styro-Peanuts.

1.)You will receive( as John said ) two HUGE BOOKS 11" X 17". Full of Instructions, and Black & White Illustrations. The books start you off with an introduction to the Cozy, a Bill of Materials, and some Necessary reading. I kept a Highlighter in my hand so I could highlight useful Hints.

2.)You will get some "Newsletters", that have changes that need to be made. There are very few changes, I just wrote the Newsletter # down and circled the part that needs changed, Added the change(Keep the newsletters)

3.)You will get some FREE Aircraft Spruce Advertisements.

4.) A few Pages of Parts Lists for purchasing: Chapter Specific Materials, and various Kits.

5.) The Folded set of 25 full size drawings, (17.5" X 22.5"). I copied these onto "Tracing Paper" for backups and templates. I found a book of tracing paper(19" X 24") at the art store. Keeping them in a separate location.

6.)You will receive a heart felt, "GOOD LUCK" from Renee, at Aircraft Spruce.

7.) An agreement that needs to be signed and returned the Wonderful Renee .

8.)And you should expect to be up all night looking the Plans Over.

Now what you don't get in the box, You can expect to get here, and on the Cozy Mailing list...........Helpful People with a lot of advise.

Like Mr. John said, everything will fall into place, as long as you keep at it. Three weeks ago I didn't know what a strake was, or a or a Longeron. Read starting at page one,

If you haven't gone over the web-sites of a few builders, I would make a suggestion of doing it.Here are two of the many:

http://www.maddyhome.com/cozy/home

http://www.kgarden.com/cozy/

I might also suggest doing your aircraft exactly like I do mine, since I AM doing it the RIGHT WAY.

Way to go, congratulations.

Sincerely Your Peaceful Happy Hippy, In Taos..........

Joe:cool: