Reasons Not to Build a Plane

Joe Patterson

1.)I can't build a plane cause they need me to help the newbies, on a plane building forum.........

oh, oh,.here's one........

2.) I couldn't build my plane today, because there was a bunch of NAKED people on the other side of the fence.............

:D

Dang, I meant to put this in "Reasons Not to Build a Plane"

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

I am not sure if i can build anything tomorrow on my plane, because I am not sure, if I can use "BIRCH" plywood instead of "FIR"........

Chapter Four..."Temporary Firwall"......Plans says to use IR........I have not ordered any materials....(Have no Money)........I have some Birch 1/4 inch?

I wan to build something .NOW............Can I use the Birch??????

HELP ME DUST< SLADE< SOWER< NORM<MARC Z<

aahhhhhhhh ....Somebody , help me PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>James Brown....

What Do YOU Want?

I think you got the answer twice already, Joe.

The only criteria for the temporary firewall is that it's flat, stays firm and holds the longerons in place correctly. This is about the ONLY part that's temporary and material doesn't matter. Everything else - use the specified materials - just in case you wern't joking about the foam.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

on the home depot blue foam, you can use it if it is exacttly the same chemical composition and density as the plans specofoed foam.

if you wish to do this just go to home depot and find a broken sheet and pick up a scrap from the floor, there are usually some on the sides on the floor, find a testing lab and send it in, then email or pm me the name and address of the testing lab and i will send them the appropiate scrape.

When the results are in, whalla, you have cheep foam.

always willing to help

enjoy the build, sell that damn cessna so you have the cash for the cozy and of course

enjoy the build

dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I think I uses a scruffy piece of leftover Luan plywood (floor underlayment) for my temporary firewall. All you really need is something to hold the longerons in the correst position, relative to each other.

If you do a search for Dow Bouancy Foam Billets, you come up with stuff like this:

http://www.fpcfoam.com/prodsize.html

http://www.amistorefront.com/detail.aspx?ID=13

http://www.larkdock.com/styrofloat.htm

I suspect (but have no proof) that the blue foam we use is cut down from these billets. The advantage of buying the foam from an 'approved' source is that the plans have been optomized for those sizes. There is still a lot of scrap, but no really big pieces when you are all done.

If you hotwire the extruded foam from Home Depot, it will curl around and warp. Try making gliders for your kids sometime!

Regards-

Norm

I can't get started on building anything on my Cozy,.....Until I Thank-You Guys, for the QUICK RESPONCE.

Last year on my Birthday I bought "The Damn Cessna", as referred to by El-Dust, Received my PPL, in It.............

and This year I really wanted to have another special "Birthday Gift" ..........

Since, not even ONE of you guys bothered to send me the materials needed for "Building my Cozy", I will have to do it myself.

The plane on which I live is based in My Making things Happen.............I manifest whatever it is I desire,sometimes with help from others.

Forum - 3

E-mail list - 2

We Men on Earth, are Angels, with but one wing........

It is only when we Embrace each other, That we may Soar.........

+NRG

What Do YOU Want?

I just realized I've never posted in the Reasons not to Build thread. Well here comes my best shot....

--I have no job!!!

But if I remember right, John pretty much didn't have any work when he started.

Oh, well. The resume is in order and I'm lining up potential emplorers now.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Uh Oh... I hope nobody tries to use the excuse that "I have a Job!" I'm seriously considering the "get up two hours early every day" schedule. My wife and daughter require attention, but not at 4:00 am!!! They'll both get to help on weekends too, but 2 hrs every morning, lets say 45 weeks a year, 5 days a week... thats an extra 450 hrs every year that shouldn't get in the way of anything! IF I can make it on 5.5-6 hrs of sleep a night. Ah... I can sleep at work!

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

I can't build a plane without the $$$$$$$$.........What kind of friend refuses to send money to help me get my build going?

How am I going to build the Cozy, unless someone(Sandy kinda guy) sends me some money or materials? Sure they say, "I am here to HElP You".......but

At the bottm of everyone of my posts is my e-mail. All they have to do is send me an , e-mail.....They will get my address, easy as that....Send The CHECK...............To Help The Poor.

Gonna go talk with City Of Taos HR..........at 1:00pm.......See ya at the airport.

I am going to work for the town of Taos as Airport Facilities Director,Just incase I will have no other choice, other than to come up with the MONEY myself.

Here is the view out the airport office window.

:cool:enjoy the view :cool:

post-458-141090152325_thumb.jpg

What Do YOU Want?

All they have to do is send me an , e-mail.....They will get my address, easy as that....

Actually it's even easier. People could send money to you're email address via paypal....

They won't, but they could. ;)

That's a helluva view, Joe. I'd think that would be good incentive to build.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Well, chit, now I gotta go and order some parts.

Here I was making excuses to keep me outa the shop, Now I got my first Pay-Pal installment/prepaid parts materials check..........

<Note to self: Be careful what you ask for>:confused:

What Do YOU Want?

Joe,

It doesn't take a whole lot of money to get started, nor to continue the build at a reasonable pace. That was the deciding factor for me to build the Cozy MKIV. I saved up enough money to make my initial purchases by packing a lunch for work everyday instead of going out. The money I saved, CASH, went into a jar I kept at work. In a years time, I had over a thousand dollars the wife knew NOTHING about to help me get going. I also decided to keep my truck for 10 years, instead of the 3 year cycle I was on for replacement. Six years later I am still doing the same thing and have a nice project to show for my efforts. The wife is O.K. now with the idea that there IS a plane in my future, a dream I have had for 30 years, and its going to cut into the budget a little, but not too painfully. Besides, as she likes to put it, I can alway charge the things to my MAGIC CREDIT CARD! :)

As we have found out over the years from drop in's, we have heard all of the same reasons from prospective builders not being able to start the build "right now", but none that could not be overcome. Like anything in life, if you want it to happen, you have to make it happen. If I can do it, I think ANYONE can!!! Good luck Joe.

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656