fuel tanks

chuckthedog

I was looking at some kit aircraft the other day, and saw that they had plastic gas tanks molded to fit the plane. Then I thought. Hay it shure would be cool if a builder made a dummie foam mold of the inside of his fuel strakes and had a plastic tank manufacturer make tanks to be put in the strakes, and the top of the strake could be flanged for EZ in and out. Just think of all the hassels of chasing leaks that could be eliminated.Then I found there are a lot of companies that make custome tanks. Then I thought of Nat's 5%. Then I woke up.Whew that was close. Now if I just knew of someone who was building a Flying Pickle Fork. It could have fuel senders, a fuel pump where it would do some good. ;)

If the phone don't ring. It's me

hey, we flanged the top of the tank, see the pics in chap specific hints.

Also i have recently learned that the cozy method is a little advanced from the long method, more epoxy and wet layups.

The other thing we did was add a very fine layer of class to the inside of the tank.

i'll tell you next year ifin it worked

enjoy the fly

dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/