Computer Etiquette

Joe Patterson

Just to set things straight, about me Posting someone else opinion on this forum.

I just read over the rules of an E-Mail group, that I am "Privileged" to be a part of, and agreed to follow.

I agreed "not" to cross publish, and when I did it(even though doing nothing intetionally wrong)........It WAS WRONG.

I have apologized to Gentleman, whos words I used. He was very kind and gracious.

I also owe an apology to Mr. Marc Zeitlin, "I apologize Marc you were correct in bringing this to my attention in a public forum, It will not happen again" I hope to be included in future e-mails from this e-mail listing.

While "cross-polination is good, I have no right to do so without the consent of the neighboring "Farmer".Rules are rules, we should all read and abide by them.

My apologies to all.

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

Your choice Joe. I respect that.

To your reasons I say poppycock and bullocks.

That list is in the public domain and anyone can do whatever they want with it.

If someone wants to claim it as their personal fiefdom then fine.

I guess I can just hope HE never finds my email address, or I'll be a victim of bullying too!

Again I say it was entirely inappropriate that Joe (a newbie) was treated like this publicly.

C'Mom .John & LargeP..............What would you have me do?

I agreed to the rules. I broke them. Marc is in charge of protecting the rules. What is he to say to the gentleman, when he sees the posting. "Well, it's just Joe, he is too stupid to follow the rules."

It isn't that hard to say.I was wrong.

It might be ok to think out of the box, but our reality is in the box.

I haven't a leg to stand on, not to mention it is bad manners to have bad manners, I am ashamed of my behaivior( anxiety got the best of me).

plus..................I am a Taos-hippy and I should be saying stuff like peace & love to you my brother.:cool:

What Do YOU Want?

Originally posted by LargePrime

That list is in the public domain and anyone can do whatever they want with it.

You are incorrect. The COZY mailing list is NOT open to the public. Merely because something is posted to a mailing list does not automatically put it in the public domain, your opinion notwithstanding. If you'd like to reference some legal opinion refuting this, please do.

I guess I can just hope HE never finds my email address, or I'll be a victim of bullying too!

Since I'm one of the four admins here, I have long since found your email address. Since I've never contacted you in any way other than our interactions on this forum, how have I victimized or bullied you?

Originally posted by clifford

Hey LP! Don't piss off Marc or he will banish you from HIS site....

LP is not a contributing member of the COZY mailing list. In 9 years of administering the COZY list, only two people have been removed involuntarily, and those were ONLY for being disrespectful to other members multiple times, after being warned.

Originally posted by clifford

like he did me!:D

Hmmm. Here's your post from December 3, 2003, in the "MGS Epoxy fumes - flamable?" thread:

Reference is to the Cozy news group you rule over( sorry I mean moderate.) If you ever wonder why few people with some time under their belt don't bother to contribute to any discussions on your forum, just take a look at your first response. You most always belittle questions that have been asked before with the standard "why do you ask about this?? If you read the archives you will find your answer posted in the October 1996 archives!!" Then go on to explain how smart you are with your quotes and statistics, when in fact you are being nothing more than a smart-ass. Get with it Marc!!

I guess I misinterpreted this diatribe as a request to be removed from the useless and information free COZY mailing list. If I misunderstood you, and you'd like to be reinstated, just send me an email and I'll be happy to add you back in. My bad.

You are claiming it's somehow protected! You quote the legal stuff! Show us your copyright or whatever. And then explain how fair use does not apply. You cant. You wont. Because you are WRONG, again!

You have NO protection or recourse over ANYONE doing ANYTHING they want with what is posted on the list, except your bullying.

You can Bully and BS all you want, but what you did to a Newb WAS WRONG.

You said it was a matter of proper manners at first, now you are suggesting it is a legal matter. It was and is neither. When you cant support your legal story than what will it be next? It IS you Bullying and pushing your opinion, and doing whatever you can to punish thoes who dont comply.

I am a member. I get all the list messages. And the ONLY reason I haven been banned yet is because you haven yet figgured out who I am, isn't that right?

I started a thread with this name because ETIQUETTE, is a good thing, it is way of being kind to others.

You guys should have the debate about Computer Law" elsewhere............:D

Your brother is worth lifting up, if he becomes more of what he is intended to be...The world will be better off.

Etiquette!:cool:

Peace Out

What Do YOU Want?

You can Bully and BS all you want, but what you did to a Newb WAS WRONG.

You are out of line. Read Marc's original post again. It is hardly anything but polite.

http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682

As a member of the Cozy mail list, I do NOT consider the posts to be immediately in the public domain. The Cozy list is based on a trusted membership, with a "closed circuit" nature to the information exchanged. I have been VERY happy with the care in which Marc has handled my personal information.

You have NO protection or recourse over ANYONE doing ANYTHING they want with what is posted on the list, except your bullying.

Marc's responsibility is to ensure that the members of the Cozy list are able to exchange information freely -- among themselves. That is the nature of the list, his service, and what its members assume is happening by virtue of the sign-up process.

I am a member. I get all the list messages. And the ONLY reason I haven been banned yet is because you haven yet figgured out who I am, isn't that right?

Unbelievable. You quietly benefit from a service provided to you for FREE, and then put on a mask and heckle namelessly from the shadows at the person who provides that same service.

Please refrain from posting further tirades.

On a related topic, the forum's outbound e-mail system has been logging errors when sending to your configured e-mail address, reporting that your address is invalid. Given your post of questionable intent here, I can only assume this has been intentionally configured on your part. Regardless, you have effectively reverted your account to the role used for new users as part of this forum's sign-up process -- 'Users Awaiting E-mail Confirmation'. This role allows you to read all forum posts as well as access the User Control Panel.

Until you configure a valid e-mail address in your User Control Panel, you will not be able post messages. I would have preferred to send this to you privately, but I have no other way to get it to you at this point. You can send a mail to support@canardzone.com once you're properly setup, and I will see that your user role is set back to 'Registered' immediately.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Largeprime's email address is just fine

Largeprime has started some of the most posted to conversations on this forum

All this stuff on zetlins mail list is silly, it is out in the open for all to see and copy and post where ever they want to, it is on señor maddy's site, where there are no members, no agreements, just out in the public domain. Sooooooooo, if you don't want it out there go take it away.

Leave largeprime alone, at least his tirades are in PUBLIC for all to see, put him back on the forum.

enjoy the build

Dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Although I have my fair share share of disagreements with Dust, I have to agree with him on this one. LP contributes a lot of good information to this forum and does not stand down to bully tactics so MANY people use here. There is NO reason to banish him from this forum. That only lowers the integrity and quality of this forum. There are many posts on this forum that have included copied information from other sources that have never caused any concern or coments about its use. Why this big deal over this,,,, other than the member who complained??? Bring back LP!

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

There are two issues here:

#1 -- Be considerate of others.

#2 -- Membership in the forum requires a valid e-mail address.

I should NOT have confused matters by mixing these two issues within the same post, but this does not change the outcomes:

a) With issue #1, the outcome was simply my posting "Please refrain from posting further tirades."

b) LargePrime is able to resolve issue #2 on his own, without any intervention from me. He simply has chosen not to so far.

As part of forum registration, users are required to provide a valid e-mail address. This is the only way to receive the activation codes. If after receiving the activation codes, a member decides to circumvent the system by deleting or providing a false e-mail address, this situation will eventually be discovered as part of normal maintenance.

Additional information relating to the legal aspect of this requirement can be found here: www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm

In addition to LargePrime, there are ~10 other users who have chosen NOT to activate their accounts. However, NONE of these users intentionally circumvented the system -- they simply did not complete the registration process, for whatever reason.

I sent activation codes again to LargePrime, but unless his e-mail address has somehow become valid, I expect that e-mail to bounce. LargePrime was on the forum today, reading posts, but has yet to acknowledge or deny to me whether his e-mail address is valid.

Resolution of this issue has been and continues to be in LargePrime's court.

It was not in my court untill this very moment. I had no issues with my email. You sent a reregistration code that was invalid, for what ever reason.

But all of that was beside the point.

You BANNED me, without warning or reason, because I didnt give in to your and Zetlins bullying. You didnt like what I said so I was gone.

Sure love the new forum. And the new ADMIN.

I dont need this forum as much you need to dominate people Jon. I can't see me coming back to an enviroment like this.

I do hope that it was not insinuated that I bowed , or gave in to anyone.

That doesn't sound like me at all.

I have several major issues that have been affecting my life recently, I became overwhelmed when "A few Newer Minor Issues" arose, and I lost my composer in this forum.........I was embarassed, and ashamed of my behaivor.

I apologized for the benifit of me.

Just making sure things are set straight. I take pride in being a kind and courteous person, this is not giving in. It is simply giving.

Peace Brothers.

What Do YOU Want?

It was not in my court untill this very moment. I had no issues with my email. You sent a reregistration code that was invalid, for what ever reason.

I disagree. Your mail host reported to the system that your e-mail address was invalid. I sent re-activation codes out immediately, as well as you being made aware to contact support@canardzone.com if you needed help. Regardless, it's evident that you were able to re-activate without any involvement on my part.

You BANNED me, without warning or reason, because I didnt give in to your and Zetlins bullying.

Not for an instant were you banned -- you had complete control as to when your account would be re-activated. If you were banned, you wouldn't be back here as 'LargePrime'. Nobody has ever been banned here.

You didnt like what I said...

No, I didn't, from community, administrative, and personal perspectives -- you touched them all. Bottomline, I felt your public rant against Marc Zeitlin was detrimental to the entire canard community.

Sure love the new forum. And the new ADMIN.

I dont need this forum as much you need to dominate people Jon. I can't see me coming back to an enviroment like this.

I am sorry you feel this way, and I personally wish for you NOT to leave.

Everyone can rest assured I am not as LargePrime implies here. I have taken extra time to carefully express my position, not entirely for/to LargePrime, but for the benefit of this forum's membership and the canard community at large.