Wicks Aircraft

Well guys I am reluctant to post a reply to this as I think very highly of all of you and hate to take sides. But I guess I have to go with Marc on this one to a point. Since the primary purpose of any of these lists is to support fellow builders then to repost a strictly technical issue for the purpose of helping a fellow builder should maybe be allowed. However since many of the discussions brought up here are some times more controversial and can at times border on the edge of flaming or bashing. I would hate to see any thing I may have said in haste possibly taken out of context and used in a message that I am totally unaware of. I “try” to be non confrontational, and am sometimes disgusted by some of the useless and unproductive bickering that passes back and forth. But maybe that is what makes it interesting. I do believe though that we should, as Marc suggested, refrain from quoting a person in any non-technical posts.

As far as the Wicks issue. I to have had a bad experience with ACS and have also had nothing but excellent service from Wicks. I have also since placed a small order from ACS and received everything ok. I am glad to hear and see they are doing better but I still have a slightly bad taste in my mouth that will take a while to pass. I also fully support Wicks in their decision. Their arrangement was with Nat and any transference of that contract in my opinion would certainly need to be renegotiated. They made a legitimate offer to ACS and were rejected. They also seem to be ok with not being listed on the official web site. I see no reason why any of us should change the way we do business over this matter. Just because you may own a Ford don’t mean you can’t buy a new oil filter at NAPA and I’m sure they don’t bother to send a royalty check to Ford for you. Sorry for the extremly long post and you may fire at will.

Denny

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two orders I placed with ASC were online orders from their web site. I must say that both times I was pleasantly surprised that both orders arrived quickly, and I was charged the web site price. So it does seem that Mr. Irwin has made some changes for the better in customer service.:) I will continue to order from Wicks though whenever possible if the price is close, as Wicks customer service is by far the best and I feel that competition is needed. As far as builder support goes for the Cozy plans, I doubt anyone on the other end of the phone line from ASC or Wicks, has ever built a Cozy,,,,or ANY plane for that matter. When Nat's long gone, it will be forums like this that provide the support builders need for chapter and task specific questions. So, buy the parts and supplies specified from the supplier of your choice. Gotta go now and order some supplies from Wicks,,,,specificaly some FAST MSG hardener to combat these COLD temps were having here in MI right now! :mad:

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

• 7 months later...

If purchases from Wicks did indeed and will no longer such, then I will no longer make purchases from Wicks.

UNLESS, said article is not available from any other source.

I have a balance at ACS anyway. :cool:

Hello

I'm from Brazil and the dollar is very expensev then a need the plans of cozy free, understand?

Do you can a help me?

adilson.nogueira@meta-sp.com.br

Adilson,

I think you are asking to get Cozy plans for free, which is not possible. They cost US$500 and are available from http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/kitspages/cozymark.php

You'll find that the plan cost is cheap compared to what you'll really need to spend.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Dear All

Well i live in Melbourne Australia and due to the great freight deal i get with ACS it is cheaper for me to get from ACS. I am sure Wicks are very good but it is the freight that kills. The ACS is better too for ordering online as you can take out parts from your Chapter order. If Scott can find a way to get the freight to Melbourne Australia cheep it would be good. Like find some freight company sending a container over to Melbourne every month, like ACS.

At this stage i have no choice. :banana: : :thumbsup: : :thumbsup::thumbsup::grouphug:

Standard Cozy IV builder only 2 mods, because I want to get into the air fast. :) At CH7