@#$@#$!!! Insurance?

marbleturtle

In a couple of years you'll be able to go to my website and others and know if the rotary is a good idea.

Years? No way... I check your site every few days to see the latest. If the last updated date has changed... I tear through it looking for the updates.

Hey that reminds me... could you add pointers to the last pages that have been updated? :D

This ain't rocket surgery!

Now lets pretend we are newby's.

So de we need to worry about power plants?

Not really. We need to worry about how we get to be part of the 20% that finish, instead of the 80% that dont.

Just build. If you find you want to do something later, glass is the best stuff there is for "rip it out and put it back" ability. Quick easy and as goos as new (origional?)

At some point if you know exactly what power plant you want you MIGHT be able to save your self a small amount of time.

Right now the power plant field is so promising on so many fronts I think you will regret slowing down to worry about it

Originally posted by John Slade

quote from Global Aerospace. $7200pa hull or $3100 liability only. I told him I'd think about it. :D

That's freakin' preposterous!! I've got $1mil liability and not-in-motion hull on Velocity and n-i-m on my EZ for about $2k. Someting's really REALLY wrong here. Have you talked to Falcon? They seem to be the best for canards. Everyone on the Velocity list swears by them, and V is arguably the most uninsurable airplane around.

I can get you an agent name and number .... Jim

...Destiny's Plaything...

• 2 months later...

I forgot to mention that I ended up with a pretty reasonable (considering) quote from Falcon - $1200 liability only, $3700 hull & liability, provided I had 5 hours in type. Not bad considering it (was) an unproven airplane with a non-standard engine and I had no experience in type. Lesson learned - don't take no for an answer. If they say no, ask what you have to do to qualify. If they give a high quote, ask what you have to do to get it lower.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

• 4 months later...

Just want to put my two bits about canard aircraft and safety/insurance.

A canard (pusher) has two advantages in ground operations: 1. if it does colide with other aircraft or objects the damage is likely less than by a tractor which may slice up other aircraft or objects which it colides with; 2. If a person is near a pusher prop when starting up it will likely "push" (blow) the person away from the aircraft rather than the oposite effect from a tractor. I wonder if insurance companies consider these factors?

I don't know what to say. I got full coverage for my Velocity, not-in-motion for my Long-EZ, all for a little over $2200. Last year, it was $2400 for liability and not-in-flight on the Velocity. Things are getting better for me. Was plumb awful for a while after Sep 2001, but it's been getting better ever since.

• 1 month later...

Not in Flight means I'm covered if the hangar burns down or someone taxis into me (or I into them). It ends when I take the runway and begins when I clear the runway. It ain't much, but if hull coverage is $4000 a year and 10% ded, it's better than nothing. Anyway, this year's full coverage was cheaper than last year's NiF. Things seem to be looking up in the insurance world.