Google

Yes. This is actually related to the browser situation, for which I have caved into the massive pressures pushing resolution of this issue. I will be discussing options to improve both issues this evening with some of the greatest minds on the planet. I will keep everyone posted.

Regardless, I still think you should throw away your Mac/Linux contraption. :D

Switch back from Mac

Switch to Linux

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

well, i do understand your problem, i have never, since 1988, had to hire a consultant to do anything for me on my mac, not so with ALL dos/windows users i have encounterred over the years, telling me to get rid of my mac just keeps those consultants working.

enjoy the build

mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

As far as the search engine thing goes. One of the characteristics of this and most brands of discussion forums is that they do not let the search engine "spiders" read the content. It has to do with the fact that the site is actually written in PHP instead of HTML. There is a modification that can be done to this brand of discussion forum that will allow the search engines to index the content, however it's a little risky in my opinion. I'm considering doing it to my site but I'm a little chicken. :rolleyes:

The best way for this site to improve it's ranking in the search engines is to get as many links to it as possible on sites that have to do with homebuilding aircraft. When the spiders go out and look for sites, they assign a higher ranking to sites that have a large number of sites linking to it. Also, you can register the site with search engines to let them know you exist.

Jake

Originally posted by JakeC

As far as the search engine thing goes. One of the characteristics of this and most brands of discussion forums is that they do not let the search engine "spiders" read the content.

It's not so much that the forum software allows or disallows the spiders to read the content; it's that most spiders cannot read dynamic content (pages that use '?' characters in the URL). On this forum we have seen Inktomi spiders able to browse around wherever a link was available to a non-registered user.

I think those spiders are many of our guests

They used to be, but with the move and redirect from www.cozyaircraft.com/forum we appear to have lost them. I think this is good, provided the root site (www.canardzone.com) is found by the spiders and ultimately fed into the search engines.

The best way for this site to improve it's ranking in the search engines is to get as many links to it as possible on sites that have to do with homebuilding aircraft.

I can certainly put a link to your site at www.canardzone.com/?Section=Links if you do the same. Shall we?

Originally posted by dust

I think those spiders are many of our guests

Originally posted by Jon Matcho

They used to be, but with the move and redirect from www.cozyaircraft.com/forum we appear to have lost them.

I stand corrected. Looking at Who's Online here @ 8:45 on 25-01-2004: There are 10 members and 13 guest online right now. Further inspection of the guests shows them to be all from AOL. Unless I am twice mistaken (I would find it hard to believe that 10 of 13 guests are from AOL), AOL search spiders are currently picking through the posts to index for future searches at AOL.

I am actually all for individual posts being searched and indexed for the search engines, but only if it doesn't slow performance down. As far as I can see, forum performance is quite fine.