ox for dog

dust

ok after Dan Tomlinson mentioned taking his dogs in the plane i thought i would bring up a subject of my dowg. He will be going with us most of the time, how the heck do i oxegenate him at 25000??

enjoy the build

mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I don't often go that high - of course in a Cessna it's not usually possible!

I suspect it would be rare to be above 12 for most trips - even in the Cozy, as the climb/cruise/descent profile I've seen looks like about 500 miles is the break-even for 12-14. And about 16 for an 800 mile leg. I've used westbound (always a headwind) using "default" upper winds.

This is what I'm seeing out of Flitesoft Pro.

/dan

Happy Dog?

Ok, I believe that the dog will be unable to "run about" at angels25

But, if u build him or her a "cage" that would be enclosed to the extent that some small positive pressures could be maintained inside his capsule with ox flow. We just have to have him in a more rich ox environment than is available at that altitude. A doggie "box" of sorts. Clamp his bottle on top and your good to go.

Sort of doggie cannula

My thoughts...

The plane that travels thousands of miles begins with a few small steps.

Thats a really good idea Bowlersaid!

Might I go one step further and suggest pressurisation?

I know some light twins get their pressurisation from a turbocharger.

I think keeping the box at 8,000 feet altitude at 20,000 feet wouldn't require much "bleed air"; with a hose from the turbo.

How often are you planning to take the dog?

I'd suggest staying below 10,000 on those occasions.

I can remember seeing a photo of a scuba diving dog from about 20 years ago. It had a big fish bowl helmet. Something like that or a mask would probably send the mutt off it's rocker.

:D

The Coconut King

well, it looks like the doggy mask will be the way to go, and maybe an elec blanket.

How will they know if i am over 17500 ifin i dont turn on a transponder, I am building this plane because of it's stealthyness

enjoy the build

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Dust, See if your dawg's vet will order you a mask used to anesthetize dawgs. You can try calling 1-800-847-1000 and see if they'll sell ya one (got curious and did a yahoo search). Now ya just have to decide what mixture of gasses to use...;)

post-200-141090151976_thumb.jpg

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

New to the forum, not even a dog-owner, but remembered a news-nugget that might be helpful to the folks talking about flying their pets up high:

Saw a news blurb during the So. CA wildfires about several San Mateo paramedic/fire crews having dog-nose shaped masks for O2. Here's the best link I could find:

http://peninsulahumanesociety.org/resource/oxygen_masks.html

Hope this helps - good luck with the pooches!

Bob Macon

Plans #1242

N808RM

well, but what if i can hold full cruise power to 25000 ?? is that hard to look at in your program?

No - it's not. It's just a matter of setting up climb rates + Vx Vy etc and cruise speeds at various altitudes and power levels. You can also do it at different weights, but that is usually "noise" at that point.

I've used it for many flights in 3 different AC types, and it is pretty good.

It basically takes all the time-to-climb, time/rate to descend, speed at altitude etc info into account that long cross-country flight planning calculations from the Private and Commercial licenses, and does it all at computer speed.

/dan