Buying Cozy Plans

macleodm3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An 8' door (probably 7'6) is fine until the centerspar is mounted and you want it outside (to flip etc). Apparently there is some way to maneouver it out through an 8' too, but lots of help. I've never tried.

Realistically, if it's a 2-car, 2-door garage, you "could" do everything inside (mating wings etc out through an open door) right through the end, then have the pillar removed (theoretically holding the center with a crane) to remove and take to the airport. In most cases though, YMMV, the center pillar could be removed temporarily without problems with minor reinforcement possiblym, and some are purely decorative! Consult a qualified structural guy (builder, architect, engineer) to be sure.

Not a problem that needs to be dealt with for some time anyway!

/dan

Originally posted by Dan Tomlinson

...if it's a 2-car, 2-door garage, you "could" do everything inside (mating wings etc out through an open door) right through the end, then have the pillar removed (theoretically holding the center with a crane) to remove and take to the airport.

Marc Zeitlin made his center post non-structural when he built his house. I was considering retrofitting this feature into my own garage, but costs compared to the costs to build a detached, so that's what I'm doing now. Here's a link to Marc's page.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

The plans are on the way............So who cares what size my garage is............I will make it fit my Cozy.

My garage door has about a 7' High opening X 14' Width, I think if I open it and build a cheap "lean-to" under it and extend it out into the driveway, I will be able to fit the Bird's wings on.

For anyone considering kicking out a center post, might I sugest a couple of 45% supports on the ends.(As temporaries)

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

Has anyone received plans ordered from ACS yet? How long did it take to get them once they were ordered? Did you have to sign a legal agreement before they were shipped? We will be ordering ours soon and I was just wondering... Thanks!

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

Originally posted by macleodm3

Has anyone received plans ordered from ACS yet? How long did it take to get them once they were ordered? Did you have to sign a legal agreement before they were shipped? We will be ordering ours soon and I was just wondering... Thanks!

well i'm t-1 day, get them tomarow...mailed money on thur. noon..payed 15 to rush..they call today to find it and they did in ther mail box but she can't get it till mon. but she sent the plans express (75.00) 3 day is 65.00. So i get the plans in the morning.. so to ansewer u it took 2 days with some cool faith on there part

P.s. I faxed the statment and will mail copy back on monday (for got to put in mail with the money)

Steve M. Parkins

I got my plans, for Cozy Mark IV,

Name "Rising Spirit"

Tail Number "N9941E"

First thing in the morning I open them up

.........I believe they will be plans #1266.................

I look forward to keeping up with your progress. :)

What Do YOU Want?

Joe my friend, I'm not htere yet... soon though, very soon! The end of February is my date to order, oh how I wish it could be sooner!

The accounting office (aka Beeter Half, aka GIB, aka Best Girl) says can't be done til then at earliest... Ah well, just more time to educate ansd evaluate, no big.

Soon, very soon!

Steve

TANSTAAFL

Originally posted by Joe Patterson

I got my plans, for Cozy Mark IV,

Name "Rising Spirit"

Tail Number "N9941E"

First thing in the morning I open them up

.........I believe they will be plans #1266.................

I look forward to keeping up with your progress. :)

ok i opened and they are plans# 1269 on your mark, get set, Go !

Steve M. Parkins

I missed getting to the p[ost office in time to receive my plans this weekend.........Looks like yo got the jump on me.

Monday morning I will go pick them up. I live so far up in the mountains, they don't bring big packages up here.

What are they like,................You must be high as a kite.

Steve Davies , You are close, I will wait for you. NOT.

But I should bot begin the actaul building process before March.

Good-luck to you both. Like luck has osmething to do with it. I shoudl say, "Hard work to you both"

What Do YOU Want?

They r so cool...good read too it looks like i build some tools first, fome stuff i got laying around a balance scale and a volt thing and a wire buner thing for cuting the stirafome{spell check}lol

need to get lots of heat in shop,resin wants to be 80-95f to work well, but they got lots of idias to heat the cans ..ok back to the shop...not just payed for fying lessens and so sat. was shot and now i got to go get kids and spend more money rats ok i work on it tonight smp

Steve M. Parkins

a balance scale and a volt thing and a wire buner thing for cuting the stirafome

The pump v scale thing has been heavily discussed. I'd recommend a pump, others a scale - but no one I know recommends the plans balance.

The volt thing - better to use the voltage regulator from Wicks. Worth the money.

The wire burner - Look in Cozy mail list archived for design ideas. Mine was pretty much per plans and worked well. You wont need this till Chapter 10.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Cozy plans are backordered

Backordered? How can this be? Spruce physically collected hundreds of sets of plans from Nat in December. Is it possible that they've canned all these copies and are reprinting the entire set to remove Wicks from the supplier's list?

Not sure what they mean when they say backordered. Thats what their website shows and thats what I was told on the phone when I "ordered" the legal agreement last week. Strangely enough, website says only 1 on back order.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

I picked up my plans from USPS today..................It is SWEET to have them in my hands.

Cozy Mark IV Plans #1266

Airplane Name - "Rising Spirit"

Tail Number N9941E

See ya in the questions Department.

Steve,Steve Davies, & macleodm3...........If you are not on the Cozy Mail List, Administered by M,Zeitlin............I strongly recomend it. There are some rules to abide by, but nothing more than common courtesy. It is unsurpassed in kind, helpful buildrs...........There are some conversations that are "Opinionated" but never "Abrasive".

This Forum, too , seems to be a plethora,of knowledge. I plan on utilizing it for what it's worth.

What Do YOU Want?

Originally posted by John Slade

Backordered? How can this be? Spruce physically collected hundreds of sets of plans from Nat in December. Is it possible that they've canned all these copies and are reprinting the entire set to remove Wicks from the supplier's list?

I saw the wick's listing in my plans...wonder if they going to have a sale (all the cosy parts u can cary)lol ?

Steve M. Parkins

I know you were joking, Jon, but I want to say something anyway...

This is about information and camaraderie(sp?), not loyalty to a particular medium of exchanging or sharing it.

I WISH I could get all my info from one place, and I WISH that place was a forum type format, but right now I have to monitor the Cozy list, the ACRE list, the fly-rotary and the aeroelectric list.

Some of the information is not type specific - rotary / electric - so I cant expect people like Ed Anderson or Tracy Crook (RV rotary flyers) to come over here. Eventually, perhaps they'll go to homebuiltairpanes.com or homebuiltaircraft.com, and maybe we'll integrate with one of them, but I doubt that'll happen soon.

Just trying to look to the future.

John

Hi, Renee here from Aircraft Spruce, I assign the Cozy Plans and I would like to tell all of your future plans buyers that the plans are not back ordered and will ship the same day the order is placed. I am fixing the back order error on the internet right now.

Thanks,

Renee Gelinas

Plans Dept.

Aircraft Spruce

Originally posted by macleodm3

ACS&S is mailing me the license agreement as of Friday the 30th... sounds like they're getting quite busy over there. Oh yeah... Cozy plans are backordered!!!

Originally posted by Joe Patterson

Steve,Steve Davies, & macleodm3...........If you are not on the Cozy Mail List, Administered by M,Zeitlin............I strongly recomend it. There are some rules to abide by, but nothing more than common courtesy. It is unsurpassed in kind, helpful buildrs...........There are some conversations that are "Opinionated" but never "Abrasive".

Ok,........I would like to draw special attention to the part about, "Unsurpassed in Kind", & "Never Abbasive"...........Boy was I WRONG. I still recommend the e-mail list..............But i guess every Apple Barrel has a few BAD APPLES. If I were, the rough type, I would say, "There is always an "@$$" looking for a place to take a $hit> ". but since I am not...I won't.....:D

Peace Out, Joe

What Do YOU Want?