NEWBEEEEEE section

newbeeee section  

16 members have voted

1. 1. newbeeee section

• John should work hard classifying all posts and managing forum
    • dust should go work on his plane more than 1 day a week and stop coming up with stupid ideas
    • I have a better idea

John, why not take threads that you see in the various areas that specifically apply to newbeeeeee's and put them all together.

I view this forum in three ways. For a web surfer to quickly come up to speed and learn allot of basic info and for builders to trade tips and tricks and for experimenters to gain information.

Wait, I forgot the most popular way the forum is used, for dreamers to dream up new ideas. All are good ways, just need to be organized.

There tes111, is that better?

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I don't know, Mike. When I was a newbee I read EVERYTHING I could find. I printed and READ the cozy list archives and, especially, the FAQ. The forum approach allows us to catagorize the information and lets the new guys pick and choose based on the current research issue.

I guess my point is that everything would be in the newbee section. I'd rather see newbe questions about retracts in chapter 8, questions about engines in the engine area etc. This way the issues and discussions will be there for others to find and we wont have to cycle through everything every couple of months like they do in the Cozy list.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Mike,

Your such a sweet heart:D

Look, its up to you what you read. Instead of having a newbie section, have a builder section that newbies can just pop in and ask a question or two? Wait... is that to close to what this forum is already about? On a more serious note. I honestly think that the best way for us newbies to learn is by visiting cozy builder sites. However, not every builder has the means or patience to have a one. So I think Mike has A valid point. I am starting to see more clearly what he wants. Less cluter and B.S. and More builder talk. Understandable. But instead of calling it "newbie section", call it the "Think Tank". You know, an honest brain storming section. So that the builders who don't mind entertaining crazy ideas can participate. Those that do not want to view such foolishness don't have to bother themselves. I think that it would get all those pesky dreamers outta dust's dusty hair. :D Maybe you could start a double secret builder forum with a password and a secret handshake. Dont take that to heart dust Im just kidding. Or maybe just a links section. You know, helpful sites about engine data, panel design, retracts and instumentation. So that the usual questions don,t get to repetitave.

Just my opinion

take it for what its worth

TES111

No I'm looking at the quick surfer. For example one guest came to the forum and found out that we were raising the plane in 2 days. Even though he was "sold" on the velocity he came to see/work (youall know my rules by now don't you, no workee/ no see).

He now owns a set of plans.

You are right about going to a workshop to get "real information" I support that with my additude and deeds.

Rarely a week goes by that we don't have a slave, i mean worker, learning the ropes and enjoying the build.

The point I'm making is that there is info that clears up allot of misconceptions about building FAST.

It isn't hard

It doesn't take allot of space

Kits are often harder and take far more time than Cozy plans building

You don't need many tools

Etc. Etc.

We have ALLOT of guests, I've seen 12 or 13 at once on friday nights and I want them to understand these things fast, for thier own benifit.

As far as WHO takes part in a conversation, don't care wether it is a builder or nonbuilder. Aaron/largeprime/no4/who did i forget/ taught me a whole lot on turbos, to the extent that I will probably fab my entire exhaust system, including adding a new garrett turbo that meets the specs these guys help me figure out.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/