B-day and SWRFI

Aaron,

Happy birthday to you, George Straight and "The Pope"

Sorry I missed you at SWRFI. I was able to check out a Cozy (the cat's meow) and the Velocity Standard based at BAZ with older hatch door. Booth very nice. Hope you were able to compare the two.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

I liked it. I am still happy with my Velo, but I am happy you got a chance to see it and get a better idea. I wish you would have had the opportunity to see Mel's Velo. Even though it is the older hatch model ('97), it is very nice and is an award winner. He built it in 11 months. Yeah, I think he is retired <g>. He is in one of the two large private hangers located at the end of the T-hanges that was over by the camping area. I think he was only there on Saturday.

I spent most of Friday parking airplanes. Saturday was great, the weather was not bad on Friday, but on Saturday it was perfect. The last report I heard was the event had almost 500 airplanes.

Since you were unable to see a completed Velocity, hopefully you will still be able to get an idea from my incomplete model and the Cat's Meow.

Please let me know you thoughts.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Cat's Meow

Hello,

I was able to get a good looks at Cat's Meow and Funks Cozy.

He even let me get in side and make the vroom, vroom sounds. I didn't realize how tight it was inside. It's not bad but it is deffinetly a reality check.

What's interesting is that Cat's Meow used a lot of the Aerocanard quick build parts.

Speaking of which I went ahead and settled on the Cozy/Aero kit from a guy in TN.

I will be attempting to pick it up in a few weekends. Anyone up for a roadtrip?

I enjoyed talking to the owners. The wife told my girlfriend she better find herself a hobby. Ha Ha,

Her new hobby will be sanding. Just what all young woman want to do on a crazy Friday night.

I tried talking to Mr. Funk but he must have like 10 kids, at least that's what it seemed like. I really couldn't get any detailed questions out. He did say they are building a second Cozy for the family.

He gave me the raised eyebrow when I said I was buying someones project. Oh well. I'm happy.

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

I am happy you had the opportunity to see one at SWRFI. Also, I am thrilled you have made a choice. Let me know when you are going to TN, I may be able to get a permission slip to take a roadtrip. Any more details on the new project?

Congrats.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Originally posted by CBarber

I am happy you had the opportunity to see one at SWRFI. Also, I am thrilled you have made a choice. Let me know when you are going to TN, I may be able to get a permission slip to take a roadtrip. Any more details on the new project?

Hey, Chris I saw you in the Gary Hunter expoxy class, on Saturday. I didn't get a chance to say hi.

I will probably head up there in June. I'm waiting for confirmation from Jeff Russel and David Orr. I'm also currently considering the logistics of the road trip vs. flying there.

I'll let you know once I get It straight, do you think your boss would let you off? ;)

Congrats.

All the best,

Chris

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad: