No skipping

dust

Ok this is a stupid post, but i feel relevent to completing a project. Don't skip chapters, but do jump around, for good reasons.

what i mean buy this is "skipping" is not doing something because it is too hard, jumping around is just keeping busy.

We have jumped ahead of installing the main spar, not enough room in the basement, we didn't skip it because it was hard.

Keep making parts and if the next chapter scares you then that alone is reason to do it now! Just read and do a sentence at a time. Just go out and do it now, order the parts today, tomorrow will never come. Pretend your partner or partners are depending on you and they will give you a big helping of crap for not making the order.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Well, when you put it that way, it looks obvious. But when you are in the middle of big projects it isn't quite so clear. For example, my other hobby is furniture building. A long time ago i would start a project and get to a part that just looked too hard, it's too hard. Well, to keep working, i just started a new piece, figuring that i would go back to the other one when my skills improved. I didn't go back and ended up with 5 nearly done projects. I then made a commitment to NEVER have more than two projects at a time and to start no new ones until the 5 were done.

That was hard, as all 5 were at dificult stages, no easy brain dead work to do. It took 4 or so months to work my way out of that mess.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/