Double sided tape use

dust

The double sided tape I always use is "manco" brand and it is the thick white one, not the thin clear one. I use it for holding foam in position and for holding wood together for making duplicates at the router or shaper table.

For example in jiging the canard in position you have to make quite a few properly shapped holding fixtures.

I take my time with a variety of tools to form 1 and then tape them together and use a straight cut top or bottom bearing router or shaper bit to cut all of the duplicates.

I first lay on the master and pencil in the pattern on the piece, use the band saw to cut to within an 1/8 inch to the line and then finish up on the router or shaper. The router and shaper really don't like to take off large amounts at a time.

DON"T put the pieces in a vise to squeeze them together, you can get them apart after that but it ain't easy, (i won't tell everyone that clifford did this to me once).

Also, you will be surprised at how little of the tape need be used when making multiple pieces, i have used the same tape up to ten times, just burnish it into the master while the plastic coating is still on and then reasonable press on the piece and they will pry apart and the tape will stay on the master for reuse.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/