One socket, that'll be $30 dollars please :O

Aaron

Well I located and bought a 2-1/8 inch (54mm) socket yesterday, which you need exactly TWICE while doing a 13B engine rebuild. Once during teardown, once during assembly.

It cost 30 bucks at sears including the 3/4 to 1/2 inch adaptor I needed. Yes $30.00 for one socket!

If anyone needs to borrow it, maybe we can start a waiting list and ship it around the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, you are in Houston, so am I.....I will be happy to swap...hmmmm, what can I loan you? I actually stopped by tonight on the way home to see if I could find one at both Hi/Lo....uh, O'Riely and AutoZone and neither place even had them. Nice to know that Sears has 'em. Guess I get to go to Baybrook tomorrow.

I purchased a core 13b for a hundred buck on Thursday to start playing and learning until the Renesis becomes available (my first choice). Of course it will be a while before I need any engine, I still need to buy those damn wings for my Velocity SE.

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

You are welcome at any time. Give me a call in my office at 281-464-5297, cell 832-818-2355, or even home (the least likely place <g>) 713-991-0333. I am available....and often working with fiberglass, most evenings and weekend...unless SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) has other plans.

I got a message from you about the EAA Chapter 12 meeting, but, unfortunatly, I got it after the meeting. Since they made me an officer, I have made all the meetings.

As a matter of fact, this coming weekend, I do have some plans, I am scheduled to work at the EAA booth at the airshow in Galveston (Lone Star Flight Museum)at 11:00 am to 1:00pm on Sunday. Good timeing...it is Jana's birthday....."Yeah, baby, we are going to the airshow again this year for your birthday" <g>. Last year she said she enjoyed it.....even for her birthday (sure wish I could predict when she was going to be a good sport <g>).

Let me know when is the most convienant for you (including during the business day). Since I am a self-UN-employed lawyer, my schedule is usally pretty flexible. Also, my office is only three miles from my garage/hanger.

All the best,

Chris

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...