Retractable Gear

No4

Nathan, did you try the ezrg@aol.com email? Bread's wife was answering email for a while. If that doesn't work, contact David Orr, he may know who Bread's partners were and if Swing was one of them.

I would guess that Bread had other partners in his business. His shop had four Berkut's under construction and as well as his own Lancair IV. He said he had over two years of Berkut work on the books, and somebody would have to finish those planes.

Yes, I did attempt to use the email but received no reply. I may try again.

David Orr, Good idea I will probably send something off to him and see if I can get some info.

I guess I would also like to know that someone is still actively supporting the equipment. It would be nice if it could be purchased through Velocity or Aerocanard.

Either way about it I’m tempted to pick up a video or do some additional research.

I’ve attempted to post David’s article but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I’ll try it one more time. It's still not working. I'll post it in in a new thread.

I believe that David originally wrote this for a CSA article, it was written in 1996 and is a little dated.

It provides some interesting background on the subject of retracts and where they have come from

David has a complete library of articles and support literature regarding anything canard. He has a system for Xeroxing and checking out documents. He has an index for his library and may be persuaded to send it out. His email is located in the link section of John’s Monty Python does Cozy building website. :D

He goes by his nickname, which is Beagle. David Orr [canardfinder@worldnet.att.net]

John, to answer you question about my project. I will picking it up over the 4th of July weekend. The current owner is located in Knoxville, TN. I have already sent my deposit and talked to Jeff and was given the go ahead by him and David. It’s about 1000 miles each way so I’ll probably use 3-4 days to retrieve it.

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

John, I meant that in the nicest possible way. Your site is the best. I would pay to continue reading your worldly tales of Cozy building.

Here is a funny side note, I stumbled upon a builders website who had quoted you through out most of his site. The only problem is he thinks your name is Ken Garden.

Your name is John Slade correct, or is that just your Cozy alias?

Cozy IV project.

>John, I meant that in the nicest possible way.

Yea. Of course you did. :mad:

>I would pay to continue reading ...

Hmmmmm ... now there's a thought....

>quoted you through out most of his site. The only problem is he >thinks your name is Ken Garden.

Send me the link. I'll rip him to shreds.

>Your name is John Slade correct, or is that just your Cozy alias?

I get this question from a guy called "noodles"??????

The answer - "no one will ever know"

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

>quoted you through out most of his site. The only problem is he >thinks your name is Ken Garden.

Send me the link. I'll rip him to shreds.

http://www.lucubration.com/cozy/mods.html

It's a nice website.

>Your name is John Slade correct, or is that just your Cozy alias?

I get this question from a guy called "noodles"??????

The nickname is a derrivative of my last name. It's always been there since kindergarden.

Cozy IV project.