Arrgh! Posting Ettiquette.

How do you feel about spamposts?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about spamposts?

• Posters should refrain from posting without content
    • We don't need rules this is the internet
    • Aaron needs to take a nap and lay off MT

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm in a bad mood, but up until recently this forum had a pretty high signal to noise ratio. It was pretty nice to be able to see at a glance when an informative post had been made, now all the forums have marbleturtle on them, so I have to go in to each one and see if anyone ELSE has posted if I'm to find anything useful.:mad:

MT, I know you're all excited about being a senior member and all, but please tone it down a bit. This forum is still young, and nothing kills a forum faster than a ton of stupid, single word posts to become "post king". Anyone coming in here for the first time is going to think there's nothing useful here and not stay long enough to contribute.

In many other forums, you'd get one warning after something like this, and then Poof! you're off the island.

Am I out of line on this?

Originally posted by Aaron

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm in a bad mood, but up until recently this forum had a pretty high signal to noise ratio.

It's not just you - even the imperturbable John Slade seems to be getting a bit bent. And I would have to disagree re: the historical S/N ratio.

Anyone coming in here for the first time is going to think there's nothing useful here and not stay long enough to contribute.

I would say that that's already occurred. Look at the last time that anyone with a flying aircraft posted or responded to any of the "discussions" that have been occurring. Even Nat Puffer, on who's server this forum resides, and who designed the plane that most of the discussions revolve around, has not posted in FOUR MONTHS. This is NOT because he's incapacitated or unavailable.

Where are all the hundreds of people flying COZY's, L.E.'s, V.E.'s, Velocity's, etc. who could be contributing? Do you think that when they see the type of discussions that occur here, vs. the ones occurring on other fora, that they think there's any reason to become a member?

In many other forums, you'd get one warning after something like this, and then Poof! you're off the island.

At least two, that I can think of.

Am I out of line on this?

Nope. Not in the least.

I have reported him at least once for offensive and inapropriate posts. I find myself shecking this forum less and less as time goes on due to his posts. I too am irratated to say the least.

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

I don't think it was a great idea to post in all the topics, but in his defense, Marble was just playing follow my leader to someone who did likewise.

As for the value of this site, I'd say it is enlightening, I would have been very nervous about building a Cozy without it. I have learn't a great deal here already , listened to people who have been there and done it,( and also spotted the people with no idea what there talking about).

I expect this site will save me somewhere around $1000 or more, and probably 100 hours or more from listening to you guys, and learning from your tips.

Keep up the good work trendsetters.

By the way, I'm English, what does signal to noise ratio mean?:D

The Coconut King

just playing follow my leader to someone who did likewise.

Yea. Mike must have been having a bad day. He's usually quite lucid.

>By the way, I'm English, what does signal to noise ratio mean?

So am I. Exactly what it sounds like. Comparing the "noise" (i.e. irrelevant chatter) and "signal" (i.e. useful information) in this forum to the ratio of interference and signal in a radio transmission.

We need more signal and less noise.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Ok it was my fault, I take full responsibility. I posted things i wanted to say in a number of forums, and noticed the number of places i was listed in and decided to be funny, in humor, somtimes you stick your mouth over your foot. I have been working 6 days and nights for months, finally met all deadlines and had a vodka or two or ??? that evening.

I will take the blame for some (allot) of the noise on this forum, i have a number of posts that are not strictly on point "less parts" and "hair dryer for sale" AND OTHERS but no one has complained and i had fun writing them.

I try to caption them so that the lack of seriousness is evident and can be easily ignored by those of you that want too.

I, for one, am extremely happy with the info that I have recieved on this forum, as of yet there isn't enough, but that too will change.

As you know, my message too all lookers is and will contunue to be, GO BUILD THE AIRPLANE, IT'S FUN AND NOT NEARLY SO HARD AS IT LOOKS.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

But Mike didn't post into EVERY FRICKIN THREAD. He posted a few messages to make a joke. Follow the leader is a game we should leave in elementary school.

Look I don't want anyone banned, Discussions with MT can be interesting, and he has some out-there ideas it's interesting to explore. I just want us all to get along. "Okay" MT?

Hint: there is a delete post command which either a moderator or MT could use to clean up the mess he made.

I say he should clean up his own mess. Mike too.

I agree with Mike that its good to have some less than serious reading punctuating the good info. I also agree with Aaron that it's sometimes good to have an "MT" in the mix because it sometimes provokes other to think.

I wonder - who is the ONE vote against? MT?????

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

ME!! I don't think he is funny when he is posting insults infering that I am a homosexual. He is not funny, nor has he contributed ANY pertinent information in regards to building the Cozy aircraft. Trying to get any useful information from this forum has almost gotten to be pointless with all the garbage being posted. The stupid stuff should have its own category called "THE IDIOT DEPARTMENT". This way those who want to use the forum as a "chat room" have some where to go and not clutter up the forum. I relate it to trying to find a $20.00 bill I "may" have thrown out in the trash(posts), searching 20 garbage cans(subjects), and 100bags(threads). After a while searching, you get to the point where you just say to yourself that its not worth it!!

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656