effectiveness of elevators when front loaded at max

codensr

Has anyone heard or had experance with elevator control with heavy load in the front seats. Some say the elevators are to small for heavier front seat loads,two large people.

Just trying to deside on ordering plans for the MK4

CODENSR

CODEN SR, Builder MK IV #1146

Originally posted by codensr

Has anyone heard or had experance with elevator control with heavy load in the front seats. Some say the elevators are to small for heavier front seat loads,two large people.

I have flown my aircraft at full forward CG, at max gross and at minimum weight. Forward CG takes more runway for liftoff and more speed on landing, but it's not really a big deal. The elevators were "too small", whatever that means, and who are "Some"?

who, me kidding???

It means that the elevators are longer from the canard to the trailing edge, the trailing edge is extended 1/4 inch. I wish i could invite you over to see it in person, but sorry, rules are rules, you would have to work the day, he he he

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/