hair drier/heat gun

dust

Well as the regulars on this forum know, we have been building two planes for almost five years now and some tools are no longer needed.

This hair drier knows what to do, it has been used many times and is well trained, the use of it will come automatic, it has built in, I mean epoxied in knowledge, it knows what to do, you just have to pick it up and hold it near a layup and it will force you to heat the epoxy properly.

Before each use just hit the switch with a screwdriver to break it free from the last use and plug in and go, it makes a little noise now but it doesn't seem to mind and the tube has been cracked for years and has not fallen off yet.

Buyer pays shipping, I'll miss this tool, but we do have 3 spares, but they aren't fully trained yet.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

You heartless swine Skorija! Don't you know these tools have feelings? I've a good mind to report you to the Federal A..holes Association for this demonstration of total lack of caring and consideration.

Here's a picture of my faithful old heat gun, and I want it known up front that this fella is NOT for sale. He's been with me four years now. One time he even switched himself on, he's so keen to get on with the job. (I'm not kidding - I went out to check a layup and the gun was lying under the bench running on full - pointed at one of the legs - aghhh!). Once the element came on, but the fan wouldnt turn - things got hot in a hurry, but I turned him off and whacked him with a hammer and he's been fine ever since. Like yours, the switch is hammer/screwdriver activated.

Anyway, we've been through thick and thin epoxy together and when the plane is finished, he's going for a ride.

post-3-141090151715_thumb.jpg

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

• 5 weeks later...

Well john we had a long talk and he is excited to train new heaters. He knows he can't complete a whole plane by himself, but he enjoys the training process, taking a young whiper corder and showing him the strands. Heating him through his first spar layup, he is excited, so let the bidding begin!!!!!!!!!

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/