board time

LargePrime

Adjusting the clock (for your time zone) is really EZ.. :)

Since there are users all over the world you have to adjust your display for your time zone location.

Go to "Control panel", select "Edit options" and scroll down to time zone. On the east coast (my time zone) I use GMT -4 hrs for EST.

Regards, Nick

Charleston, SC LongEZ, N29TM, 2400 hrs

http://www.canardzone.com/members/nickugolini/

When I started the board, the first host company would buy capacity from the cheapest vendor. Almost on a DAILY basis the location of server the forum resided on would move to a different part of the world. Since the forum base time is governed by the SERVER time (hense it's location) the base time would change too.

Needless to say it drove me crazy trying to figure out why the time kept changing.

The second host company does not have the same practice, so the base time zone does not change of changing locations.

This is why the member has to put in a correction factor for his particular time zone. I cant do it for you.. :D

Regards, Nick

Charleston, SC LongEZ, N29TM, 2400 hrs

http://www.canardzone.com/members/nickugolini/

Nick;

you suggested i use GMT -4 hrs for EST.

Is not GMT -5 EST?

Are you suggesting I have set my time zone incorrectly or that I should use the wrong GMT to correct for the server?

I think base time modification is a great idea for these boards. Helps in lots of ways. But i think my and others point is that the server is not at GMT 0 (which i think is required) or it is incorrect.

Any way nick thanks for running this board.