Inquiry about canard builders.

Hi-Jack,

According to the unofficial list of Cozy list members published annually there are 6 in NJ as follows.

Branchville, flying

Edison, pre-build

Lakewood, pre-build

Lanoka Harbor, flying

Parsippany, pre-build

Southampton, building

Marc, if you're readining this, is it permissable to give out the email addresses in a private email?

If not, you could ask over in the Cozy list.

Regards,

John Slade

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Originally posted by John Slade

Marc, if you're readining this, is it permissable to give out the email addresses in a private email?

I'm going to try real hard to be calm and diplomatic here. There is a mailing list that exists in which one of the criteria for joining is the submission of email and real addresses and phone numbers, so that people can contact each other for help/communication. People are told that their information will not be either distributed outside the mailing list, nor will their information be used for ANY commercial purposes.

This forum does not require that any contact information be supplied. That probably means that more people will join, since the opportunity for anonymity (and unaccountability) exists, but it also means that there is no easy way to check a database of phone #'s or addresses, or even email addresses of people in a certain geographic area.

I have a real problem with using information collected in one group (under certain pretenses) for distribution in another group.

I would say that one would jeopardize their membership in the COZY mailing list if they distributed confidential information from it to anyone outside of the list, UNLESS one obtained the explicit permission from each of the people who's email one intended to distribute beforehand.

>I'm going to try real hard to be calm and diplomatic here

That would be a good thing. Why would you be otherwise? Unless, perhaps, you feel that my saying that there's an unnamed builder in a certain town was a breach. If so, I say "lighten up, Marc. We're all in this together and for the same reasons".

>People are told that their information will not be either >distributed outside the mailing list, nor will their information be >used for ANY commercial purposes.

Fair enough. I, for one, would not want that changed.

>email and real addresses and phone numbers, so that people can >contact each other for help/communication

Exactly. That's the purpose of the information, and is exactly why these guys are asking.

I guess the bottom line is twofold....

1. Join the Cozy list. You should anyway - it's a very useful source of information. Presumably Marc will send you the member list once you're a member.

2. People - even if you don't want to disclose you're real name (I can't imaging why you wouldnt), please at least enter you're town and state in you're profile. This will help others with similar interests contact you WITHOUT exposing you're email address to any junk maillist crawlers.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I think that Marc did touch on a good point.I like the idea of having to post you real name in full.I have seen a lot of unnecessary knife throwing in other forums that probably would of never of happened in the first place if they new who their name were.I myself have no problem giving out my full name.If I say something that is bad well,that's egg on my face and the learning process starts,right.However,people that do not give their full identities will always have a back door out.I did not mean to get on another subject.Just a suggestion.

:)

Joe Cygan

Cozy MKIV #1022

Southern California