Builders in Houston

I would like to offer my unskilled assistance to anyone living in or near the city of Houston.

I hope to become proficient enough that I will finally take the plunge and purchase my own plans. Right now I lack having a garage, so I'm opting for the next best thing.

I'm probably going to buy the construction videos from Aerocanard so that will definitely increase my overall worth as a free laborer.

Noodles1_tx@hotmail.com

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

The videos are uneeded, just a day in a shop and you will be shocked at how easy it all is.

I have two hobbies, plane building and furniture building.

In furniture building a joint has to be cut perfectly, in plane building it has to be cut close.

When two parts are joined in plane building (foam/fiberglass)the gap is filled with eithor micro or flox (the plans tell you which) and then pinned into perfect position, no such thing in furniture.

Foam cuts and forms EASY, glass is white on roll and clear when wet out and dragging a squeegee accross it leaves no line, it has the correct amount of epoxy

Thats why we NEED more people to open up thier shops, it gets rid of the fear of the materials real fast.

We just need someone in Houston to speak up or you can get a transport to selfridge ANGB and I'll pick you up and house you while we take advantage of your free labor, I mean train you.

We will be making fewer parts for some time to come.

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I'm in Killeen, about an hour north of Austin, maybe as much as four hours from Houston. That's a considerable drive but it could be worse. Cozy builders in Texas seem rather sparse. I do know that there were Cozy builder(s) in the Dallas area as recently as three years ago, but where they are now is anybody's guess. I found a note between builders in some website somewhere referencing getting together some weekend and helping with a project in that area. Where I saw it I can't recall.

A few months from now I should be well into the construction process. Right now, however, I'm still waiting on the plans to arrive. Then there will be several weeks while I order materials for the first few chapters. I expect to get started at the latest before the end of February.

You're welcome to come check it out, though it'll be a while before I get very deep into the project.

Evan Kisbey

Cozy Mk IV plans # 1114

"There may not be any stupid questions, but I've seen LOTS of curious idiots..."

> We just need someone in Houston to speak >up or you can get a transport to selfridge >ANGB and I'll pick you up and house you >while we take advantage of your free >labor, I mean train you.

>

Whoo,

That's 1400 miles one way. I think I'll double up my efforts to find someone local. Even at the speed of "Cozy" that's a long haul.

I appreciate the offer for the free instructions, that's very generous of you. You never know though, we'll see what comes out of this thread.

Hopefully someone will see my plees and point me to a unpublished local.

Nathan,

Cozy IV project.

Originally posted by ekisbey

I'm in Killeen, about an hour north of Austin, maybe as much as four hours from Houston. That's a considerable drive but it could be worse. Cozy builders in Texas seem rather sparse. I do know that there were Cozy builder(s) in the Dallas area as recently as three years ago, but where they are now is anybody's guess. I found a note between builders in some website somewhere referencing getting together some weekend and helping with a project in that area. Where I saw it I can't recall.

A few months from now I should be well into the construction process. Right now, however, I'm still waiting on the plans to arrive. Then there will be several weeks while I order materials for the first few chapters. I expect to get started at the latest before the end of February.

You're welcome to come check it out, though it'll be a while before I get very deep into the project.

That isn't that bad. I go up to Austin everywhere now and then. It would be up to you, but maybe I could come up for a weekend or two and we can knock out a few chapters.

Cozy IV project.

Anyone know these guys?

I'm heading out to EAA chapter 12's meeting tonight. I just noticed that there are a couple of members with rutan style ac, this will be my first meeting.

Reitz, Richard has a completed Cozy 3

Lee, Allen has a Defiant project

Barber, Christopher has a Velocity project

Mollard, Norm Wesley has a Aerocanard project.

Cozy IV project.

Originally posted by Ted Barstow

Also, Dennis Butler is in Houston.

Dennis Butler huh,

I'm not familiar with his name. What is he doing know, building or a flying?

I would like to meet up with someone local, and talk shop for awhile.

Do you think he would be interested in humoring me for an hour or so. I think I can throw in a free $100 hamburger.

I checked his profile and he has his email locked. I noticed that he doesn't make any contributions to this site yet. Does anyone know if he checks his mailbox here?

Cozy IV project.

There are three builders in the San Antonio area with Chapter 35. Any Cozy fanatics are welcome to visit.

BTW, the Funks up in Lubbock are still planning on building a second Cozy, but other long-delayed home projects that accumulated during the 8 year build time are now consuming time and money.

Terry

Terry Winnett, Capt, USAF

Cozy MkIV #792

RAF Lakenheath, U.K.

San Antonio would be a nice trip to make. I subscribed to the CSA a little over a month ago. I also purchased last years CSA articles. They came in the mail along with the directory of local builders. I'm in the process of tracking down some of these builders. I called my designated state CSA representative but he is moving to Florida this weekend, go figure. I talked to his wife, I haven't talked to him personally yet. There are about 3-4 other houston builders that I need to email today.

I will also email the San Antonio and Austin builders and find a good weekend to come up and do some work.

Cozy IV project.