less parts

dust

Dust;

How much longer do you think you'll be fiberglassing? What all has to be fiberglassed yet? I want to take you up on being your "Slave" for a weekend. I do wedding photography on the side so I'm book every weekend up until August. Then I hope to come up.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Drew;

If Mike has not glassing work for you, I certainly do! Mike trained me as his slave so I think I can fill his shoes at barking directions. I can't however provide the gourmet meal that Dave prepares, but I think I can provide substances that are consumable. Besides, Mike and crew are too organized, I'm not and you have the chance to see a one person show and not a herd. Sorry Mike, I had to offer, I'm hungry as well for slave labor!

Cheers

Hank,

Dust is less than 5 hours from me, which is reasonable for a day or two. You would be a couple hours longer, but if I get desperate, I'll let you know. I want to see a project and possibly go to one of the EAA workshops on fiberglass.

I'm not in a hurry to start, it's just the wrong time right now. But in a year I'm hopping I be closer. So on John Slades advice, I'm picking Oshkosh 2004 to buy the plans.

Drew

---

---

Brace for impact...

So on John Slades advice, I'm picking Oshkosh 2004 to buy the plans.

What me? I don't think so! I'd never advise someone to wait a year before starting.

The slave labor, project visits and EAA workshops sure don't hurt, but most semi-intelligent builders can survive without them. Dive in - the water's fine!

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I didn't refer to the advice of waiting a year. It's simply not the right time for my wife and I. Things are two uncertain for the next few months. Then I want to get my PPL before starting (I guess that means I and I can't afford both at this point. So that's why I'm thinking next year.

Before I read you quote from 'Question about composite construction" where you wrote:

"in the future" doesn't cut it as a deadline. Pick a date.

I was thinking maybe sometime next year. But know I like the idea of picking a deadline. If it's worth building (did I just say that?), It'll still be worth building in a year.

That's just the latest I possible want to wait and be reasonable. That doesn't mean I'll jump in early if the situation presents it self. Like if I get the plans for Christmas (yes the hints have been dropped). Or if Nat runs the promotion he did a while back where you get a gift certificate with the purchase of the plans.

John, LOVE THE WEBSITE.

thanks

Drew

---

---

Brace for impact...

My method of organization.

1. go to the supplies list in the chapter and order it 3 or so months before needing it.

2. go to plane day

3. have coffee

4. go in basement and read sentence to do

5. do it.

6. rely on clifford to prepare gormet lunch for all who happen to show up.

7. go in basement and read sentence to do

8. do it.

The plans are organized, we just follow them

Thanks hank.

We will be doing glass work for another 5 or 6 months and plane day is just 1 day a weekend.

All builders or wanna be builders are welcome, gawkers go to oshkosh, he he he

Enjoy the build

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Oshkosh is not for gawkers only.

There are builders forums and vendor exhibits galor. It can be a great place to learn. I have gone for several years when I had no plane to build, only a dream. Now I have something to build and I'm really pumped up to go.

I want to see and talk to other Cozy builders (and actually see Nat). I want to sit in a plane (I'd like to go up in one, but my hopes are not high). I need to peek and poke around the final product and take LOTS of pitures and ask LOTS of questions.

I am now going with a cause. I believe that if anyone whos' project has stalled needs to go even more. This can be a huge motivational seminar.

Don't miss it!

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

Hey Dust!

What about the turtleback jig negociations process request? Your jig is "perfict" and you being a Cozy caring concerned diehard, I tought that the fruits of your's and the the other two Musketeers were shared/exportable? I plan to do the same, so I volunteer to accept reciept of jig and promise to follow-on with your teachings.

Was that a good enough Suck Up!!!!!

I know dust only works on the planes a day each week, which IS a schedule that works for them. It's rare that I don't do "something" on the project daily - some more than others - on a really bad day I'll just count parts!

So, any wanna-be slaves who would like an immersion course especially over the summer are certainly welcome here also.

Let's just say - we always eat well, and as the inspector said on Monday "Cleared for Completion".

My current goal is to have 99% of the glass work done by Labor Day. It could be tight, but it IS doable!

/dan

I didn't mean to insult the holy grail of building, OSHKOSH, go , it is good.

I just meant, if you want to work and learn or maybe get your picture in a newspaper(he he he laflure and largeprime), cmon by, free food and lodging, if you want to look, go to oshkosh. Oshkosh is good, for many things, i just stopped giving tours, just instruction.

Enjoy the build

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

• 1 month later...

ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, ONE WING, WE HAVE BONDOED TOGETHER ONE COMPLETE WING with two rudders/attached two ailerons/ attached one main spar and IT IS WIDE and level in all directions and COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL for those worried about how long this took, don't look at the date i started this thread. To us it didn't take any time at all, just a few plane days, nothing fancy, oh we converted a few slaves to builders along the way

ENJOY THE BUILD

i can be reached at

Congratulations Dust!

Well I'm weekends are starting to slow down. Hopefully I'll be able to be a slave for a day soon.

Now for the big announcement.

I woke John up by saying I was waiting till next oshkosh to buy the plans.

I called my wife from Oshkosh and told her that I was more confindent than ever that the Cozy was what I wanted to build. Not that I didn't like alot of the other planes there, but this plane fit our top three critiria the best.

To my complete astonishment, She bought the plans as an anniversy gift. She said my reaction was worth every penny. I hadn't planned to get them until I completed my ticket. I didn't want to get to many irons in the fire. She said after I called her from Oshkosh, she new that was the only gift that would do. (Is that Love or WHAT?)

As much as I would LOVE to start right away. I have several other projects to finish. Some large, some small. If things go great, I could be building by Chirstmas, or as late as next summer. I orginally didn't want to work on my license and this at the same time. I think I've changed my mind. It will make each take longer, but hey I'll be having alot of fun. My favorite time to be working in the shop is 10-12pm. You don't learn to fly at that time anyways. We'll see what will happen.

I agree with what someone said at Oshkosh. Too many people consider themself a builder just because the bought the plans. So for now, I've changed my signature line from "Cozy Builder Wanna-Be" to "Cozy Builder Soon-To-Be".

Boy am I impressed with the plans!!!! :)

---

---

Brace for impact...

Congratulations, Drew.

Welcome to the club.

>To my complete astonishment, She bought the plans as an anniversy gift.

Not only loving, but also a good indication that you'll have the support you need to work through this project.

On the flying training, I'd recommend not spreading it out over the years it will take you to build the plane. It'll cost more that way. Better to lump it together over a couple of months and get it done in one fairly contiguous session. Could be at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end. Perhaps set yourself a goal, like completing the tub on wheels, or finishing chapter 16 or something, then take the time to reward yourself with the flying training. This way you'd give you're incentive to finish a nice boost half way through.

Either way - Have fun

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net