Reasons to not build or work on an airplane

dust

GIB turns into BOW and fills up garage with lifelong collection of ceramic skunks while threatening to kick me out of said garage and attatched home leaving me with little money and seriously in debt to Dewey, Skrewum, & Howe much less the funds to build 4 seat Cozy which could be a blessing in disguise since I would then only need to build a 1 seat canard all because the !@#$%#$!!! pump couldn't hold its fluids. :(

This ain't rocket surgery!

I had many reasons for the last few years to put off building.

1)I couldn't afford it.

2)I didn't have enough time

3)I wasn't sure I could do it, Etc.

1) Well I still cant afford it, but I'm gonna build it anyway. No more cell phones, limit the Direct tv bill by cutting the channels we never watch anyway, stop eating out, etc, etc. Well I guess I can afford it..... a little at a time.

2) I'm married and between my wife and I we have seven (7) children ranging from 1 to 16 years old. I have little spare time. Yet I found I had time to watch tv, surf the internet, eat out, etc, etc. Well I'm using this time to build....and after the wife and kids go to bed I sneak out to the garage....Yea I get less sleep, But I'll live.

3) I'm still not sure I can build an "airplane", But I can build chapter 4 and I can build chapter 5. Pretty soon I will have built all the chapters and be done....well not soon but someday. I'm just taking little steps, I look down the proverbial building road but I try not to loose focus on the small task at hand.

Well, I threw away all my excuses and I'm the proud owner of plans 1270 and I'm working on chapter 4. Anyone out there "can" do it if they really want to. Stop making excuses and just that the plunge. Like my Dad told my when he taught me how to swim, he said " Son, Swim or die". trust me you will find a way to stay afloat, there are many helpuful fellow builders who will come to your aid.

Tim Dale

KD5ZXM

1. If you wait 'till you can afford it, you would never do anything. Heck, you CAN afford seven kids?????? <g>.

2. Yeah, we don't have time. After all, we have only seen this rerun of Gilligans Island 7 times.

3. You are rearing SEVEN kids and you weren't sure you can build and airplane????!!!!?????!!!!!! Thank gawd I am only building an airplane ;)

I applaud your annalysis, cograts on thinking it through and taking action. With set goals, most things can be achieve.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...