jigs,templets,etc, free to good home

dust

Well we are now done with the wing building stuff and for that matter all of the stuff needed through chap 19.

All bulkhead templets - allows for oversize construction and quick trimming to exact size.

We have

rotisserie - great for fuselage until nose is attached. Allows rotating and locking into position at any point from right side up to upside down and anywhere in between.

Canard cutting templates

Wing cutting templets

Wing assembly jig with 12 foot spacers, really makes wing positioning and leveling easy.

Main spar jig, because of my furniture hobby, way overbuilt, and worth every minute I spent on it

Located north of detroit.

Please only active builders - no sense letting them just collect dust in someone's garage without use.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Hey Mike!

I'm about an hour away from you in Ann Arbor! Haven't started building yet (two almost-finished wood strip kayaks are presently sitting in the spot the plane should be in!) so I can't be considered an active builder yet. If you don't get any responses from active builders in this area, let me know before you feel you have to do something drastic! I'm looking to start in the spring, after I get the garage set up, but I'll make room for your stuff if you need to get rid of it. By the way...would you mind a visit from a nosy (read COZY) neighbor? I'd love to see a work-in-progress!

Rob

Rob Schaum

Avid COZY admirer and eventual builder in MI

we always welcome visitors, I mean slave labor, and we are closer than you think

m59 and 23.

This sunday we start the verticle stabilizers, we build one day a week, normally saturday. Thier are three of us, often 4 and sometimes up to six.

We love training new people and as we are so many, learning goes well.

I would come over soon, as the chapters are moving by, Sloooooooooooooooooooowly but steadily.

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed the canard, CS spar an am working on the wings. Saved the fuselage for last. I would be interested in your rotisserie for the fuselage and elevator jigs if you still have them. Unfortunately, I am on the other end of the country from Detroit. Lafayette, LA. Please let me know if you still have these things left. ngjlawm@bellsouth.net.

• 1 month later...

Going going gone

Hank just stopped by and he now has every jig, fixture and templet from chap 4 to chap 20, pretty well filled up the back of his truck, I hope he uses them in good health and completes his bird.

We also enjoyed his day at the labor camp, he helped us glass the last upper and lower wiglets, install antennas etc.

It was great timing as the next few months will be filled with the more mundane aspects of fitting ailerons, attaching upper and lower winglets to wings, etc. etc. etc., not near as much fun as dumping on thin micro, pouring epoxy and laying up sheets of glass.

enjoy

Mike

i can be reached at

• 3 years later...

Hello glad to hear that you're getting rid of some Long EZ stuff. Any chance of getting some templates that you might have laying around? I loaned mine out to another builder and never seen them since. He says that he didn't think that I would want them and sold them with his project that he tired of.