Rough River Canard Fly-In

That was another great Rough River!

Here are some pictures at the RR site: http://www.roughriver.org/2005/

Rod, I tried to look for the guy in your avatar, but couldn't seem to find him. I enjoyed meeting several others from the online world and talking about our various states of building.

I did have another communication problem w/Jerry, but at least this time it was only a matter of not eating than being left back to be eaten by the locals. :)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jerry, it wasn't a problem. We went to your room (too late, of course), saw you weren't there, and then decided to make a right out of the park to see what we could find. Drove past a couple questionable places, and finally came upon the place where we went out to eat last year.

We went in and were met with a wall of heat. I didn't notice, but John said that when we walked in the needle on the record came to a screeching halt as the locals looked us over. We sat down for a minute or two in the 95 degree room, and then decided to head back to the buffet at the lodge.

By 8:00pm the fish never tasted so good...

We went in and were met with a wall of heat. I didn't notice, but John said that when we walked in the needle on the record came to a screeching halt as the locals looked us over.

You went over the Dam? There's places to eat there? I drove toward Falls of Rough. There was a restaurant attached to the gas station. I think I drove through the town twice and saw the Big Star Pizza. That was it!

Strange, stayed at the campsite. I was across a bass boat (225hp) fisherman.

Nobody looked like a canardian. But, what does a canardian look like anyway?

Jon, you should have come by under the tree.

The other 'event' was driving from Louisville to RR. We came upon Caneyville's homecoming parade, where the whole town seemed to have the day off and were throwing candy all over the place. Got a few fist fulls thrown in through the car window after we had to wait an hour to get through their 1-road town.

The itinerary will be flawless next year... :)

http://www.roughriver.org/2005/

Jon, looks and reads like a magazine clip. Kudos!

Need a new thread though. I realized I was beginning to read last year's. Looks like Jack got a couple new mods and a new paint job on the E-Racer. I'd call it a tie for 2005 ;) between his and Chris Esselstyn's "Modified Cozy MKIV".

Looks like Jack got a couple new mods and a new paint job on the E-Racer. I'd call it a tie for 2005 ;) between his and Chris Esselstyn's "Modified Cozy MKIV".

Since this was the first time Chris' plane has been seen in public, and Jack's has been at Rough River, OSH and on the cover of SportAviation already, I'd give the prize to the Modified Cozy MKIV. Or should we name it the 'Monster Mark IV'?

I'll start a new thread once I get my 2005 pictures up...

• 4 months later...