Dynamic Prop Balancer

Jim Sower

Hey folks,

I'm re-posting this from another forum. Seems like it might be something an EAA chapter would be interested in for the chapter tool chest (could be a revenue producer too).

Wayne Owens wants a dynamic prop balancer. In order for me to get it at a less than staggering price I'll have to purchase it from Norman

Serrano's company Vibe-tech. He can get them built for a price of less than $900 if a total of 30 of us agree to purchase one before Oct. 7.

The company assembling the boards charges a lot for smaller orders. The price each for a quantity less than 30 made most folks gag. Norm

called me today and said I need to round up 12 more orders to get over the hump. He has commitments for the other 18. He has some serious

interest from Cirrus and a Gyrocopter company.

Norm isn't much of a salesman ,nor am I. We are both engineers but I can see a good deal and a prop balancer for less than a grand is a good

deal. He is looking for someone who will rep the product at S-n-F next spring or in other countries . He has a Rep in Germany and is looking

for one in Australia.

He also told me today of a plan to allow access to a Vibetec website with data from one of his machines so you could enter your data and

get the full benefit of one of his $32,000 balancers. This should eliminate hand calculating and polar chart requirements.

Please give him a call on his toll free number and ask him about the details. I want a balancer.

Norm Serrano: 877 842 3835

Thanks

Wayne Owens Eaa Chapter 268, Tech Counselor, Velocity builder

770 333 1578 Home

770 361 6379 Cell

Ps.. please pass this on to anyone in the Chapter 690 --or anyone else who might be interested in purchasing one for chapter or individual

use.

...Destiny's Plaything...

If anyone needs a prop balanced.... I would be happy to do it for you for $25.00 (Two bladed propellers only)and FOB (Frieght on Buyer)... If it needs indepth work I would call.

Or if you live close enough, just fly in. It takes about an hour to check it in all phases of rotation. I built one this spring and really like having smooth props. One thing I have found is that there is more to it then meets the eye.

- Dale

--

Dale Martin, 509-780-7320

LEZ

Lewiston, ID

EAA Technical Counselor

Owl Eagle Aerial Composites

=====================>

• 2 weeks later...

Not dynamic of course - (Thought the fee would indicate that) -

:P

I have a pretty nice balancer that uses a prop extension to mount the propeller with bearings to center a shaft (less the .001 tolerance) on some steel straight edges.

Its accuracy is phenomenal. My conclusion is, your propeller needs to be balanced before the combination of both engine and prop.

:)

- Dale

--

Dale Martin, 509-780-7320

LEZ

Lewiston, ID

EAA Technical Counselor

Owl Eagle Aerial Composites

=====================>