Varieze Canard

I would guess that by the time you find a canard and get it shipped to Switzerland, you would find it better to just build one.  I rarely see canards for sale anyway.  If you bought one with the lift-tabs drilled for another airplane, you might not be able to use it without replacing the lift tabs which is possible but not a small job.

What's the story on your Varieze.  We are more likely to help folks who communicate.  :-)

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

I got this post from Urs replying to the email notification (which brings an interesting thought to allow that manner to reply to these posts, but that's another topic -- if even possible).

Anyway, Urs wrote this:

Thanks for the reply Kent,

I have purchased the bird damadged . The Pilot had started the engine with trottle slightly open and id got away from him. On Impact with an other parked Airplane it ripped the Canard off. I think i will repair it,

it seems easyer for me than building from scratch.

Without seeing the type of damage in-person I would favor Ken's recommendation -- build a new one (assuming the damage is anything beyond cosmetic). You could get someone to build one for you, but it was designed for you to build yourself.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I got this post from Urs replying

Ha!  Well tell Urs that my friend in Europe who wrecked his new-bought Cozy not only built a new canard but also just about everything in front of the instrument panel and did it pretty quickly for a chap with no homebuilding experience trying to order parts from the U.S.  I have tried to get him to post pics here but he is not the posting kind of guy.  Anyway, I will post a couple pics of his repairs in a different thread.  Just get to work and bingo, in a few days, he'll have a new canard.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

• 5 months later...