Long EZ fit for taller people

Barry

Just thought I would pass on my experience sitting in the Long EZ on Friday.

I am 6'4 and 225 pounds, normal torso distribution. Size 44 jacket fits OK, 46 a bit large in the waist area.

Sitting in the Long, it was a very good and comfortable fit. I expected that, given the designer and his brother are about the same size. I had plenty of room at the shoulder, elbow, and waist. Kent has a cushion that I guess is about 1.5" thick.

I also sat in the back seat and found it comfortable, but knees bent with a shortage of real legroom. I could easily sit there for 2-3 hours however. Maybe longer.

Kent's plane has a lengthened nose. I had lots of legroom past the rudder pedals, enough to completely stretch out. Kent's plane does have a bit wider canopy with the standard width sides. Plenty of room. I could fly that plane comfortably for many hours.

Getting in/out was EZ enough. A bit like climbing into my formula V single seat race car, only much easier.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I just installed some pedal extensions. My pedals were a bit close--and made me pull my legs back a little when getting ready to land.   I made the extensions so they could be extended about 1, 2 and 3" forward or aft but the 3" is probably not usable and the 2" seems like a lot, too.    Real useful if you have one leg 3-4 inches shorter than the other.  🙂  The bolts are secured with safety-wire.  Seen the same on the hanging pedals, too.

IMG_1457.thumb.jpg.21ab800e8e723f156e76b03ac750f449.jpg

• Like 1

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

14 hours ago, snakedriver said:

That's great information, thanks for the write-up.  I've been concerned that I wouldn't fit into one.  I'm 6'1 with long legs, but it sounds like there will be no problem.

You're welcome. Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years. I hoped I would find some way to repay Kent for the experience, but so far no luck :)

Call me if you need a hand with anything Kent!

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1