Roncz Canard For Sale

Roncz Canard for Cozy MkIV for sale.

Asking $1800, or best offer. Buyer pays shipping, or you can pick up in Alexandria, VA, 22312.

Canard is completed, with Elevators. Requires only final micro finishing. All required Brock Parts are included ($831 value).

Email me at: Cozyparts [at] yahoo.com

Also selling separately, wings, spar, canard, engine cowling, and Ken Brock parts. See other auctions at: http://www.canardzone.com/forum/show...5770#post25770 and http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25771#post25771

Includes:

- Cozy MkIV Roncz Carnard, completed, internal antenaa installed; requires final micro surface finishing.

- Elevators, completed, with all Brock parts installed, may require final finishing and balance check.

- All required Brock metal parts are included, except for the hing pin inserts. Brock Parts include:

• NC-CLT Lift Tab (2x)
  • NC2 Hinge Insert (4x)
  • NC3 Hinge Plate Assembly (6x)
  • NC5A Pitch Trim Bellcrank (1x)
  • NC6 Torque Tube End Plug (2x)
  • NC7 Hinge Jig (2x)
  • CS10 Counterbalance, inboard (2x)
  • CS11 Counterbalance outboard (2x)
  • MKNC-12A Torque Tube Offset Left (1x)
  • MKNC-12A Torque Tube Offset Right (1x)
  • Elevator Torque Tubes (2x)

I did not build this canard, I bought it as part of another project in order to get a few select parts for my airplane project. I decided to build a modified, dihedral canard, so I'm selling this one for basically the cost of materials.

FYI: Aircraft Spruce lists the Canard and Elevator (chapt 10, 11) materials for $482.63 + 1 gal epoxy @ about $200 w/hazmat shipping. The required brock parts for the canard and elevators cost $831 (from CG parts). So as you can see, this is a good deal that will save you a couple hundred hrs.

Disclaimer: I did not build these items, and make no warrantees or claims regarding their suitability for any purpose. The buyer should carefully inspect them and if used for any purpose, carefully follow any plans and instructions for their use. The buyer assumes all risk and liability for the use of these items.

post-529-141090163578_thumb.jpg

post-529-141090163581_thumb.jpg

post-529-141090163585_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

n637ps is the first plane to fly across the country on biofuel, but was destroyed in a weather-related incident with an inadvertent speed brake deployment.

She deserves to retire to a museum. It sounds as if your inventory might permit that.

Can we discuss? 714 334 588 Len Johnson

n637ps is the first plane to fly across the country on biofuel, but was destroyed in a weather-related incident with an inadvertent speed brake deployment.

She deserves to retire to a museum. It sounds as if your inventory might permit that.

Can we discuss? 714 334 5855 Len Johnson

oops- phone no was wrong

n637ps is the first plane to fly across the country on biofuel, but was destroyed in a weather-related incident with an inadvertent speed brake deployment. Len Johnson

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20081105X64158&key=1

Len,

I think you were misinformed, the NTSB report specifically states that it was NOT a weather related accident. The plane "was substantially damaged when it struck a light pole and impacted terrain at Osceola Municipal Airport (3MO), Osceola, Missouri following a loss of power and subsequent forced landing. The personal, cross country flight was being conducted under the provisions of Title 14 CFR Part 91 without a flight plan. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed at the time of the accident....The pilot was performing a cross-country flight at 6,500 feet mean sea level (MSL) when the airplane engine overheated, then quit."

Len,

I think you were misinformed...

You realize, of course, that Len Johnson was the pilot of the plane in question, and probably has a reasonably decent notion of what it was that caused his accident.

Whereby I mean, when I say "You realize, of course", that it's reasonably obvious that you didn't realize that, or else you wouldn't have tried to point out to Len that the NTSB knows (in their preliminary report) what caused his aircraft to crash better than he does :-).

Without disparaging the NTSB, which usually does a very good job with certificated aircraft investigations, especially with commercial airliners, my one experience with their interpretation of an experimental aircraft accident - see:

http://www.cozybuilders.org/N2992_Accident_Eval/

left a lot to be desired.

You realize, of course, that Len Johnson was the pilot of the plane in question, and probably has a reasonably decent notion of what it was that caused his accident.

Whereby I mean, when I say "You realize, of course", that it's reasonably obvious that you didn't realize that, or else you wouldn't have tried to point out to Len that the NTSB knows (in their preliminary report) what caused his aircraft to crash better than he does :-).

Without disparaging the NTSB, which usually does a very good job with certificated aircraft investigations, especially with commercial airliners, my one experience with their interpretation of an experimental aircraft accident - see:

http://www.cozybuilders.org/N2992_Accident_Eval/

left a lot to be desired.

No need to make any nonsensical ASSumptions about me Mark. I am more than aware that Len was the pilot of the plane. And when I say "I am more than aware that Len was the pilot of the plane", I mean to say that any monkey that can type in "n637ps" into Google and the NTSB can easily determine that Len was the pilot of the plane.

My comment was aimed at Len's statement that the accident was "weather related", whereas the NTSB and numerous other news organizations all contradict him. You may have missed my earlier comment but according to the NTSB's 'unbiased' report the accident was caused by a "loss of power", which was immediately followed by what I have interpreted as an emergency landing.

And when I say "NTSB's 'unbiased' report" I mean that, the NTSB's report is impartial, which is to say, that have no stake in the outcome of the investigation (other than to determine the cause of the accident). Len was obviously trying to prove that biofuels are a viable part of aviation's future and I absolutely applaude him for his efforts, but that doesn't explain the huge disparity between the reports.

If you have beef with the NTSB or don't believe they are competent to do their jobs, more power to you, but don't expect me to drink your kool-aid based on the accident eval you performed where (your word here) "Probable" causes were at fault. Good effort but, at best, your evaluation proves nothing.:irked:

I'll tell you what Mark, lets wait for the NTSB's final report to make any more ASSumptions, eh?;)

No need to make any nonsensical ASSumptions about me Mark....

If I'm ever tempted to do that, I'll think twice - thanks for the warning.

And it's "Marc" - right there on every signature...

I'll tell you what Mark, lets wait for the NTSB's final report to make any more ASSumptions, eh?;)

Like the one you're making about the preliminary NTSB report? You got it, boss - mum's the word.

Please make a new thread for your off-topic, unrelated arguement.

>>>> Could an administrator please remove these unrelated posts to another part of the site, as they detract from my original advertisement and could confuse readers into thinking that this canard was somehow involved in the above referenced accident (which it was not).

For any further readers:

This post is to inform the canard community that I have a completed Canard for sale.

This canard has nothing to do with the aircraft accident referenced above, it was built several years ago by a builder in New York, and was never installed in an aircraft.

Thanks.

Steve

• 1 month later...