•  

Photo
- - - - -

If it can't be a Trainer, might as well make it a Functional Fuel Saving Hybrid....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AeroTesla1

AeroTesla1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Al
  • Tamla, F.L.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Well, now that we knkw an Experimental cannot be a Trainer and after having giving all of this more thought....as well as consulting with my "Rag Tag" Crew, we have decided to go all out with a Hybrid, based on the Cozy Mark III as a proof of concept A/C.

I have always been a fan of Burt Rutan, and feel that he and those that own "like" Canard A/C....just might appreciate this project.

Will cerainly save a lot on fuel cost, be innovative/funtional....and look beautiful, imho.

Looming very forward to a short hop to N.C. to experience first hand, a flight in one of these sleek, and beautiful birds!

Regards,

Al Clark
Aero-Tesla Aircraft, LLC
Tampa, Florida
web-site under construction.

#2 Marc Zeitlin

Marc Zeitlin

Flying Cozy MKIV N83MZ

• Verified Members
  • 975 posts
  • Marc J. Zeitlin
  • Tehachapi, CA 93561

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Well, now that we knkw an Experimental cannot be a Trainer...

That's incorrect. As long as an aircraft has full dual controls, it can be used for training. What you CAN'T do is rent an EAB aircraft, so you can't charge for the training, but if you have a personal EAB aircraft, you can most certainly hire a CFI to train you in it.

#3 AeroTesla1

AeroTesla1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Al
  • Tamla, F.L.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

Interesting.

Thank you for that information.

Regards,

Al.

Edited by AeroTesla1, 13 November 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#4 Andrew Anunson

Andrew Anunson

Chapter 21

• Verified Members
  • 367 posts
  • Andrew Anunson
  • Wise, VA

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

we have decided to go all out with a Hybrid, based on the Cozy Mark III as a proof of concept A/C.

What is the advantage of a hybrid design Cozy over a traditional powered Cozy.

Andrew Anunson
I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

#5 Kent Ashton

Kent Ashton

• Verified Members
  • 667 posts
  • Kent Ashton
  • Concord, NC

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

Well, now that we knkw an Experimental cannot be a Trainer and after having giving all of this more thought....as well as consulting with my "Rag Tag" Crew, we have decided to go all out with a Hybrid, based on the Cozy Mark III as a proof of concept A/C.

Why wouldn't you mock up the engines and batteries on a test stand with a prop and get them working before you worry about an airplane.  It seems you putting the cart before the horse.  If your engine/prop combination won't run for a hour on the ground on a test stand, it won't do it in the air.  You might have to choose a different prop for your test since the static thrust is a bit different from cruise thrust.  Maybe any prop would do.  As you do that, you might decide that a Rutan pusher is not the best airplane for your engine.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-650 hrs, Long-EZ-55 hrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stats