#1 abeck

abeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Alan
  • Ohio

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hello all.  I've been in the background reading for several months now.  I saw a Long-EZ flying over my house when I was just a kid and have been intrigued ever since.  Over the last year I have started to get more serious doing research and it culminating in going to Oshkosh this year.  I managed to attend the composites workshop with my dad (it was all old news to him since he repaired his Corvette bodies himself back in the 70's) and spoke to a few people.  I'm glad I went as it really alleviated some of the anxiety I had over my ambitions to build a Long-EZ while attending college.

I will be moving back to Columbus, Ohio in a week and starting a degree in Engineering Physics.  I have looked through a lot of the build logs and gave myself conservative estimates to build over long weekends and breaks in sprints.  With disciplined planning and budgeting I am confident I can make significant progress over 3 years without sacrificing study time.  I understand it will be quite an undertaking but that motivates me even more.  Everything I've read so far on these forums have been very helpful and motivating and I thank all of you.

Unless something comes up, I'm planning to do practice layups over Labor Day and start the bulkheads at Thanksgiving.  I will try to post updates when I can for the support and more importantly, constructive criticism.

AB

#2 Voidhawk9

Voidhawk9

44°24'0"S, 171°15'0"E

• Verified Members
  • 49 posts
  • Cameron Garner
  • Timaru, New Zealand

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:39 AM

Do keep us updated on your progress, it is always a boost to builders to see other progressing!

Just don't let it interfere with your studies - you'll need that to earn enough for a nice engine and avionics later. ;)

Aerocanard SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 5)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more)
X-plane (Flight simulator) Flight Model Master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+13)

#3 Andrew Anunson

Andrew Anunson

Chapter 21

• Verified Members
  • 357 posts
  • Andrew Anunson
  • Wise, VA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Building one of these is one of life's great adventures..... so good luck and I hope you enjoy it!!  Its Awesome!!

Andrew Anunson
I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stats