Hope to build a Long-EZ in Ohio

Hello all.  I've been in the background reading for several months now.  I saw a Long-EZ flying over my house when I was just a kid and have been intrigued ever since.  Over the last year I have started to get more serious doing research and it culminating in going to Oshkosh this year.  I managed to attend the composites workshop with my dad (it was all old news to him since he repaired his Corvette bodies himself back in the 70's) and spoke to a few people.  I'm glad I went as it really alleviated some of the anxiety I had over my ambitions to build a Long-EZ while attending college.

I will be moving back to Columbus, Ohio in a week and starting a degree in Engineering Physics.  I have looked through a lot of the build logs and gave myself conservative estimates to build over long weekends and breaks in sprints.  With disciplined planning and budgeting I am confident I can make significant progress over 3 years without sacrificing study time.  I understand it will be quite an undertaking but that motivates me even more.  Everything I've read so far on these forums have been very helpful and motivating and I thank all of you.

Unless something comes up, I'm planning to do practice layups over Labor Day and start the bulkheads at Thanksgiving.  I will try to post updates when I can for the support and more importantly, constructive criticism.

AB

Do keep us updated on your progress, it is always a boost to builders to see other progressing!

Just don't let it interfere with your studies - you'll need that to earn enough for a nice engine and avionics later. ;)

Aerocanard (modified) SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 8)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more; usually lags behind actual progress)
Flight simulator (X-plane) flight model master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+12)