I have been organizing my thoughts on upgrading the Canard Zone forums for quite some time now. There are a few areas I'd like to address:
- Implement HTTPS in the URLs (for secure logon and interaction with the entire website).
- Increase storage capacity (the current setup is hitting the wall with file storage, and limits what can be uploaded).
- Control time and cost while increasing capabilities.
- Improve the content overall (need a place and means to publish canard-related content easily, like a "real" website as www.canardzone.com once was).
- Increase membership and engagement (single sign-on so users can use their Google, Facebook,
- Provide new capabilities (builder sites, member plane/project gallery, member map).
- Downloadable file support (I have created and curated a lot of downloadable information over the years, as well as others, and want to make available).
- Proper Classifieds (a place where proper classified ads can be placed; a level up from the current sub-forum).
- Integrate/merge the Canard Zone and Quickie Builders Association (at www.quickheads.com; many members overlap and this needs to be simplified).
- Marketplace (allow the purchase of vendor products).
- Advertisements (something to offset costs, such as the current approach or placement ads from Aircraft Spruce, Wicks, etc.)
What do you think, did I miss anything? Please feel free to share any ideas and feedback you may have.
Thank you kindly,