Free VariEze Rides in New Hampshire

I am offering community members a standing offer of free 30-60 minute orientation VariEze rides in Concord, New Hampshire. There are a few requirements:

• You must be an EAA Young Eagle, A canard builder, a Student Pilot or more. Astronaut are ok too. (it's ok if your not current or don't have medical).
  • You must weigh less than 190 pounds including clothes and breakfast.
  • Weather must be VFR and winds favoring runway 35 or 17 at KCON (under 15 knots crosswind)
  • Temperatures must be above 40 degrees F on the ground.
  • You must be willing to take the controls and practice some actual flight maneuvers such as steep turns, power on and power off 'stalls' etc
  • Onboard Fuel must be less than 12 gallons and aircraft must be legal and serviceable (of course).
  • I must be current
  • You must be willing to operate inside my comfort zone.
  • No screaming like a monkey.

You can't really log the time since I'm not an instructor, but you can at least get a chance to try it out from the back seat. You'll have an iPad with an AHARS (Stratus) and a control stick but no throttle and no rudder pedals. 

If you own a flying canard and can show you have at least 50 hours in the previous two years flying a canard, I may be willing to let you fly the VariEze solo if I'm comfortable with you and your willing to fly an mutually agreed flight plan. 

Izzy

N9091A 

(603)410-7277

post-169041-0-46020200-1483200197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice gesture Izzy.  I hope you find some interest.  I have given a fair number of Young Eagles rides but it didn't seem to me that the kids really got much from it.

I love giving rides to canard builders who want a checkout or people who have bought canard airplanes.  They are really interested.  I kept a "Hold Harmless" agreement in my glovebox for a long time, thinking that I would get my riders to sign it but I never used it.  Still, it's worth considering.  My agreement informed the pax that this was an experimental homebuilt airplane with no FAA certification, build and maintained by a Political Science major, and that the pax was assuming the risk to ride in my uncertified airplane.  It doesn't totally protect you but it helps if you crash and get sued.

I hope you can find some riders <190 lbs.  :-)  Nice looking Vari.

• Like 1

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

My agreement informed the pax that this was an experimental homebuilt airplane with no FAA certification and that the pax was assuming the risk to ride in my uncertified airplane.

The placards should take care of that.

After all, that's why they are required.

Edited by TMann

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done