The Bumerangue EX-27 from Brazil

Jon Matcho

I learned of this from someone writing in today, a 4-place canard from Brazil.

Similar to a Velocity, but built of carbon fiber and 550 lbs (250 kg) lighter than a comparable Velocity.  They have built 3 and are looking for an investor.

http://www.fabenet.com.br/

post-126731-0-78124900-1481992147_thumb.jpg

post-126731-0-31042500-1481992148_thumb.jpg

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I learned of this from someone writing in today, a 4-place canard from Brazil.

Similar to a Velocity, but built of carbon fiber and 550 lbs (250 kg) lighter than a comparable Velocity.  They have built 3 and are looking for an investor.

http://www.fabenet.com.br/

This is essentially a Velocity SE copy with Infinity main gear and a custom nose gear and different lower winglets. Nothing wrong with that, but certainly nothing new.

Since the empty weight of the Velocity SE is 1300 lb and the empty weight of this is 1588 lb., I'm not sure where you're getting the "550 lb." lighter number. Even if you compare it to the Velocity XL (which you shouldn't, because it's not that big), the empty weight of the XL is 1800 lb. which is only 212 lb. more than this plane.

What I think you meant to say is that they're looking for someone who'd like to turn a large pile of $$$ into a smaller pile of $$$.

This is essentially a Velocity SE copy with Infinity main gear and a custom nose gear and different lower winglets.

A copy of the Velocity SE RG to be specific.

Since the empty weight of the Velocity SE is 1300 lb...

I bet that's the lightest Velocity SE; the weight of their Fixed Gear model.

http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airplane-specifications.html

Still, I wonder what's up here.

...and the empty weight of this is 1588 lb., I'm not sure where you're getting the "550 lb." lighter number. Even if you compare it to the Velocity XL (which you shouldn't, because it's not that big), the empty weight of the XL is 1800 lb. which is only 212 lb. more than this plane.

I am just passing on information from one of the founders, Douglas Rodriguez. I asked him:

• Bumerangue Peso Vazio = 720 Kg
  • Velocity SE Peso Vazio = 590 Kg
  • How 250 Kg ligher?

I'll point him to this thread.

What I think you meant to say is that they're looking for someone who'd like to turn a large pile of $$$ into a smaller pile of $$$.

Sounds fun! Anyone making money in this business? Count of hands? Anyone?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Well the gear is similar to Infinity from the perspective of where it attaches (end of the CS spar) but that is where the similarity ends.

The SQ-2000 had gear that looked "similar" to Infinity gear as well.

It would be nice if Velocity incorporated some newer manufacturing techniques and designed some descent landing gear for their product. I for one think it would be far more practical to have Infinity design them some gear that would be slightly beefier to handle the higher gross weight as well as oleo struts all around and a steerable nose gear. Instead, the design capital goes into yet another 4-place Velocity but with two engines to do what one engine has been able to accomplish for decades.

There will most likely be more designs of 4-place nature as time goes on.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done