Merging the Canard Zone, Canard Aviation, and EZ.org forums

Unngh, yawwnnn.   This website is so roomy and comfortable--got it all to myself.    ;-)

Yeah. It certainly would be nice if the admins of canardzone, canardaviation, and ez.org would act like adults and consolidate all three into one forum, since all three are essentially defunct, with only a couple of posts/week by one or two folks at the very most. Very annoying for the few users that are left...

• Like 2

On 2/18/2016 at 6:47 PM, Marc Zeitlin said:

It certainly would be nice if the admins of canardzone, canardaviation, and ez.org would act like adults and consolidate all three into one forum...

I made a genuine offer in 2014 to convert and merge posts and members from the Canard Aviation forum John Slade owns into the Canard Zone so we could move on with that. I have not made such an offer to Avery @ ez.org, but not for any specific reason -- I welcome that conversation as well.

I have a few changes in mind for this year, and there are quite a quite a few good ideas for improving our community. I welcome any and all constructive thoughts to do so, and please keep in mind that this is a volunteer effort.

I appreciate reading everyone's posts here. Every visit reminds me to do two things (order depending on the day): a) improve content and function of this forum, and b) get in my shop.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2016 at 6:47 PM, Marc Zeitlin said:

Yeah. It certainly would be nice if the admins of canardzone, canardaviation, and ez.org would act like adults and consolidate all three into one forum, since all three are essentially defunct, with only a couple of posts/week by one or two folks at the very most. Very annoying for the few users that are left...

..... yeah, that would be great. And we could roll in the Canard Aviation (Yahoo) and Cozy Builders (Google) while we are at it and have one interface for all.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I too would welcome a merge of the various canard related forums. I'm always envious of the wealth of information that the RV guys have under the one-roof of the VAF Forum. It really is THE best site for a lot of information that is important to us such as concerns engines, avionics, painting, aerodynamics, etc. Granted, there are a few more RVs around than canards, but the only advantage that forum has in becoming what it is, is that they don't have to fight dilution of membership. The Canard-Aviators/Yahoo group has great participation, but the medium is too archaic. Forums, such as this one, are a much better medium for subject organization, stickys, pictures, browsing, searching, etc. Site owners, please do our community a favor and bring us all together under one roof. I really do think that it would significantly and favorably impact participation and...even safety.

--Jose

(Boston)

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually took some inspiration from the VAF Forum when moving to this platform.  You can see a hint of this in the Canard Zone's Rules and Guidelines (see link at bottom-right of all pages) calling for civility and common sense posting considerations.

Of note is that the VAF Forum is supported by full-time staffperson with members encouraged to subscribe at $25/year.  I have a list of enhancements to make the Canard Zone the go-to place for Experimental Amateur-Built canard aircraft, but need to be slow and steady otherwise everything will implode.

Feel free to send any suggestions my way.  I am always open to expanding our community and there are noteworthy improvements coming in the near future.

• Like 1

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV