Sacramento newbie

I am in the early stages of learning about canard aircraft, and all experimentals for that matter. Having owned a Socata Trinidad for 5 years and accumulating nearly 5000 hours in planes from a C150 on floats to B727, I am eager to discover this part of aviation. I want a plane that is a good x country aircraft, 4 seats for the occasional passenger or bags, stable instrument platform, speed above 160kts and technology beyond what is available through certified channels. My budged isn't nearly at the same level as my wish list and I don't know anyone in my area to consider partnering. Sooooo, I've zeroed in on the Cozy IV with a budged between 60-80k, although I will ABSOLUTELY listen to any advise given by those more knowledgeable than I. It would be grand to get in one of these to get a feel for their characteristics and space. I look forward to hearing from all you folks.

Cheers,

David

Edited by kaweeka

That is a healthy budget and hopefully you can get a ride sometime soon.

It will be important for you to talk to other owners, and do make sure you get someone very qualified to assist with a pre-buy inspection if that is the route you're going to pursue.

Welcome, and feel free to ask as many questions as you care to.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV