Unexpected Cross-country Long-EZ Visit

My uncle told me a pretty EZ had flown into his airport for a visit.  I looked up the N-number and managed to exchange emails with the builder-pilot.  Apparently he flew all the way from San Diego, CA to Allentown, PA!  Unfortunately he was busy today and is shoving off tomorrow morning.

It was indeed a very nicely done EZ with baggage pods.

Here's the one picture I took worth keeping (fisheye lenses do not always make for good pictures!)

post-126731-0-88796700-1413594628_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Sweet plane! The owner 'sings in a Trio'?

On the way back from RR (think WX delays) the ramp marshals at Springfield (Branson), MO parked my rental Piper next to a Long that looks like that one. He's a heck of a neat guy.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

I usually do about one west coast - east coast trip every two years or so.  Most travel is on the west coast.

I finished this plane in 1987 with my partners and our usual airport committee builders.  Also had a VariEZE that's now in the San Diego Aerospace Museum at Gillespie Field.

O235 then with Loran only.  Test flew it  :D to Ireland and back that same year.

Flew so well, I kept it.  Now it has an O320 D1A and full EFIS/AP/ADS-B panel that I use for testing variious EFIS systems with Trio autopilots.

This trip was to attend my 65th HS reunion in Easton and parked it at Queen City.   What a great bunch of people there at the FBO.

Trip back was "interesting."  Tstorms over New Mexico and Arizona.

One stop in Little Rock overnight.

Highlight was meeting with Rick in Missouri en route.  He should have his Cozy flying by now.

Sid

• Like 1

The owner 'sings in a Trio'?

It took me a few days, but I finally got that.  Sid is one of the three founders of www.trioavionics.com.

I usually do about one west coast - east coast trip every two years or so.

That's really cool... and is on my list of things to do... once.  Perhaps it will become old hat someday.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

My uncle told me a pretty EZ had flown into his airport for a visit.  I looked up the N-number and managed to exchange emails with the builder-pilot.  Apparently he flew all the way from San Diego, CA to Allentown, PA!  Unfortunately he was busy today and is shoving off tomorrow morning.

It was indeed a very nicely done EZ with baggage pods.

Here's the one picture I took worth keeping (fisheye lenses do not always make for good pictures!)

Great pic Jon ! It just became my new screen saver. Might even blow it up and have Kinkos print a poster size version for shop morale/motivation.

Randy