#21 787Guy

787Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Randy
  • South Florida

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yes, it was Ary's Youtube videos that got me hooked in the first place. I guess I will try and ask him where he sourced his parts. Because as was mentioned earlier it goes better if you have the stuff you need instead of waiting around for it.

On a separate note my CFII is still current - if anyone needs a BFR or instrument currency in a Canard type aircraft we could sure work a deal !

#22 Marc Zeitlin

Marc Zeitlin

Flying Cozy MKIV N83MZ

• Verified Members
  • 964 posts
  • Marc J. Zeitlin
  • Tehachapi, CA 93561

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

On a separate note my CFII is still current - if anyone needs a BFR or instrument currency in a Canard type aircraft we could sure work a deal !

Where are you?

#23 notsoez891

notsoez891

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Connor
  • Sherman

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

I'm building a Long-EZ that was picked up with just the fuselage and canard built. All logs were there with fantastic documentation but no templates. I used the wing templates from the fifth edition of open-EZ drawings.  :sad: My second wing is close to finished, so I'm just going to keep moving on it, and I'll figure the rest out later.

I'll keep checking back here. I'd like to if anybody made the same mistake and how it's working out.

At times like these, I wish I could just design a plane instead of having to make due with an old design.

Thanks,

Connor

www.notsoez891.blogspot.com

#24 Kent Ashton

Kent Ashton

• Verified Members
  • 554 posts
  • Kent Ashton
  • Concord, NC

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

I'll keep checking back here. I'd like to if anybody made the same mistake and how it's working out.

What's the size and nature of your "mistake"?   I gather that your wings are not cut correctly.

I can say from experience that some errors don't matter much.  On my Cozy, I built the strake leading edge 1" higher than plans.  In the pic, maybe you can see where the strake L.E. fairs down to match the wing at the added foam piece just inboard of the joint.  AFAICT, it doesn't make much difference in flying qualities as long as both strakes are the same.

OTOH, mounting the winglets with different incidences on my EZ made a big (bad) difference.

Attached Thumbnails

• temp1.png

Edited by Kent Ashton, 24 February 2015 - 11:02 AM.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-650 hrs, Long-EZ-55 hrs

#25 Jon Matcho

Jon Matcho

Canard Zone Developer

• Verified Members
  • 2,391 posts
  • Jon Matcho
  • Martinsville, NJ

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

Hello everyone, just a few things about the Open-EZ:

1. There continues to be a trickle of confusion in the questions I receive about the correct dimensions called out in the first post of this thread.  It's actually quite simple:
    1. Print the drawings once.
    2. Update the measurements according to the first post in this thread for drawings A2, A7 and A10.
    3. Verify measurements on all drawings according to the now-accurate dimension marks on the outside edge.  If you're more than 1/8" off at this point your printer is off for every print.
    4. Chances are "that's it".  You can play with scaling (printing to 101% or 99%, etc., as you see fit), or just measure and/or cut foam parts inside or out of the drawings.
  2. Open-EZ Revision 6 drawings (the fixes) will be published and available for download here in January 2017 Q1 2017.
  3. Open-EZ Revision 7 drawings (cleaned and with enhanced dimensional verification markings) will be:
    1. Available for download here ASAP in 2017 (expect by mid-year 2017).
    2. Also made available through a "print-on-demand" service for those wanting verified and checked drawings (without all of this anxiety in this thread).

Just wanted to share... 'tis the season!

• CutieDarkFae, Voidhawk9 and filiperosa like this

Jon Matcho :busy:
Canard Zone Developer & Builder
Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Building Cozy Mark VI+ (widened rear)
www.canardzone.com/members/JonMatcho (I know, it's broken... for now)

#26 filiperosa

filiperosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Filipe Rosa
  • Setubal, Portugal

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hello Jon,

I would like to talk you for all the work you made with the drawings.

• Jon Matcho likes this

#27 Jeffrey Test

Jeffrey Test

• Verified Members
  • 217 posts
  • Jeffrey Test
  • Port Charlotte, Florida

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

G'day / Hello

It is good to see the Canard Zone back online.  I thought it was gone forever years ago.  Thanks for getting it back to life.  

I guess it is time for me to get back to work on the Open EZ, that I started all those years ago.  Funny, I almost have it done too.  Maybe this year it will be...

Good to be back,

Cheers

Jeff

• Jon Matcho likes this

#28 Sammac91

Sammac91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sam
  • Brisbane QLD

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

Hi Jon,

Is revision 6 available yet? Looking to start cutting bulkheads soon and would like to have the updated plans if possible. Thank you so much for your work on these.

Cheers,

Sam

#29 Jon Matcho

Jon Matcho

Canard Zone Developer

• Verified Members
  • 2,391 posts
  • Jon Matcho
  • Martinsville, NJ

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

Hi Sam, thanks for the reminder.

If you have the drawings and plans, you can continue by updating with the corrections noted in the first post of this thread. If you do not have the drawings let me know.

I am not yet finished with the updates but remain committed to getting them done and available to put an end to this confusion.

Thanks,
Jon

#30 Sammac91

Sammac91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sam
  • Brisbane QLD

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Hi Jon,
I haven't printed the plans yet but was going to scale them as per the dimensions noted in the first post. I have to print them on A1 as the original arch size isn't available here in Australia so I will have to scale them regardless.
Cheers,
Sam

#31 Jon Matcho

Jon Matcho

Canard Zone Developer

• Verified Members
  • 2,391 posts
  • Jon Matcho
  • Martinsville, NJ

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

I haven't printed the plans yet but was going to scale them as per the dimensions noted in the first post. I have to print them on A1 as the original arch size isn't available here in Australia so I will have to scale them regardless.

That sounds perfect, although I recommend printing one page without any scaling adjustments. You may likely find that everything measures out just fine. Paper sizes A1, B2, or C2 are fine (B2 and C2 leave less unused area, but you could just cut that away when done).

Thanks for the reminder... I just spent a few moments with the Open-EZ Rev 6 updates. I too cannot wait to announce and make this confusion NO MORE.
  • CutieDarkFae likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stats