Blessing in Disguise?

aviator_edb

OK, so I decided to redo the LG bulkheads that I screwed up. This necessitated ordering a new sheet of 1/4" H100 from Aircraft Sruce. I got the foam today and not I am in a quandry. The foam I received it the right size but it is VERY different from the foam I originally had.

I old foam had a much more 'open' appearance, closer to what H45 looks like. The new stuff is much smoother appearing closer to the 18lb last a foam (but not as 'heavy')

Both foams are tan but the new stuff is much denser than the original stuff and I am wondering if the original stuff was not the correct foam.

How can I be sure if the original foam was wrong or if I received the wrong foam the second time instead?

Attached photo may help. H-100 on top, 18lb Last-a-foam on the bottom. Both appear similar, the label on the bottom one is a giveaway though :rolleyes: The H-100 measures .260" thick, Last-a-foam .201"

In my experience, H-100 is very flexible, you could bend it around a large coffee can. Last-a-Foam would break.

Rick

post-4539-141090173417_thumb.jpg

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Attached photo may help. H-100 on top, 18lb Last-a-foam on the bottom. Both appear similar, the label on the bottom one is a giveaway though :rolleyes: The H-100 measures .260" thick, Last-a-foam .201"

In my experience, H-100 is very flexible, you could bend it around a large coffee can. Last-a-Foam would break.

Rick

And then there's the OTHER tan stuff that crumbles into dust if you look at it wrong...used for thicker buildups and is very easy to carve. I can't remember what it's called. Basically the consistency of the foam used by florists.

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.