EZ-Noselift

gullikson

I'm planning on purchasing one of Jack Wilhelmson's EZ-Noselifts for my Long-EZ project. Looking for input, opinions, advice, on whether to buy the NL1-12, which has manual emergency extension, or the NL1-12E with electrical emergency extension with backup battery. Jack says the system weight is about the same for both. I like the idea of manual backup but with no experience with either system, advice from anyone with some experience that they wouldn't mind sharing would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

I'm planning on purchasing one of Jack Wilhelmson's EZ-Noselifts for my Long-EZ project. Looking for input, opinions, advice, on whether to buy the NL1-12, which has manual emergency extension, or the NL1-12E with electrical emergency extension with backup battery. Jack says the system weight is about the same for both. I like the idea of manual backup but with no experience with either system, advice from anyone with some experience that they wouldn't mind sharing would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

Go with the mechanical back up almost every time I have seen a problem with the nose lift it is something electrical. water in the electrical or motor and the mechanical will still work. mechanical gives you more piece of mind. back up batteries are a pain they only seem to be dead when you need them. I use a dual battery system because then your back up battery is always used and stays in good shape and either one can power the plane by itself if need be.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years